Error IE 8: mod_gk_js_members, engine.js, mootools

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Joomla Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:02 pm
Hello everyone,

Sorry I made a topic that perhaps is already repeated! I am using the template for testing on localhost Quay with Jomsocial and Kunena in Beta 1.6, which uses Mootools 1.2 activated.

The template operates entirely in Joomla 01.05.1920, simply fantastic. In IE8 mod_gk_js_members module works correctly if it is not turned on Mootools 1.2, but when activated (since it is necessary to Kunena 1.6) does not work (in Firefox it works). I need to update the mootools engine.js to 1.2 for this to function properly and can be displayed without problems in IE8

The basic issue is that the module is created only to work with Mootools one and does not support or work when you activate mootools 1.2 and avatars showing that the module is not loaded and blank.

Please someone could help me to update the file to mootools 1.2 to work properly?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:21 pm
Our extensions don't support mootools 1.2 - kunena developers should include support for mootools 1.1 and 1.2
Administrator

GK User
Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:26 pm
Thank you for responding,

I understand what you say, but I saw that you have mootools extensions that support 1.2 (News Show pro GK4 -> option to select MooTools 1.12 or 1.2.4 engine.js script.)

Please only wish I could have engine.js mod_gk_js_members module that works with mootools1.2 and the extension "GK4 NSP", as the engine.js is accessible only to mootools 1.1. Or if it is possible to adapt the module to use only skip mootools mootools 1.1 and 1.2

Could you tell me, how to place the file or where to edit that does not take into account if you use mootools mootools 1.2 and 1.1

Please!

Thanks again.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:58 pm
NSP module at present doesn't support mootools 1.2 - it is an option in our roadmsp for this module. For support mootools 1.2 in the module you have to edit engine.js file to make it compatible with new mootools version
Administrator

GK User
Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:06 pm
Ok we are gradually understanding and truth thank you very much for answering and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I understand that need to edit the file to fit engine.js mootools 1.2, the case is not like editing and there is the question of all.

1 .- What should I edit?
2 .- How do I compatible with mootools 1.2?
3 .- I can lead you to use JQuery instead of Mootools 1.2? as this would not have it off and I can use JQuery mootools in the archive.

EDIT:
I have implemented JQuery in K1.6 but there is a problem that in future versions and updates these changes will be lost and do not want that.

I tested these changes and it seems everything works fine but not the idea. My idea and would be more satisfactory to use the module with mootools 1.2 or failing to jQuery as a native.

Please tell me how I can migrate the module from mootools to jQuery, I would be very grateful indeed. Is there any online tool that demonstrates this, and you do not work in this and I'd learn a little.

Please help me on this brother.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:04 am
dziudek wrote:
NSP module at present doesn't support mootools 1.2 - it is an option in our roadmsp for this module. For support mootools 1.2 in the module you have to edit engine.js file to make it compatible with new mootools version

Please I need your help to make it compatible with mootools 1.2, please!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:19 am
Hi

Unfortunately that's not an easy task. The best solution I can think of is to use jQuery module and instal jQuery non conflict plugin. Maby that will work.

GK User
Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:34 pm
teitbite wrote:
Hi

Unfortunately that's not an easy task. The best solution I can think of is to use jQuery module and instal jQuery non conflict plugin. Maby that will work.

Thanks for your answer ok! What can I use the module with jQuery, how do I convert?

Is there the same module that uses jQuery? As I do all the work because the truth is not anything like that. Thank you and sorry for so much trouble.

Hello everyone.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:18 am
Hi

So I cannot tell. Search the web for more compatible thought.

GK User
Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:36 am
teitbite wrote:
Hi

So I cannot tell. Search the web for more compatible thought.

Thanks for your reply,

I searched the web and have not found at all who can help me to migrate the module to use with jQuery. I think the best is an update of the code to be used with Mootools 1.2

Both for this module to all extensions and templates GavickPro since many users are already using Mootools 1.2 on their websites. In fact I use Kunena 1.6 since I am the coordinator of translations of the component and I am also the official translator for the Spanish language.

I'm (in my thinking) would be a significant step Gavickpro.com since it would be on the tip of the iceberg in regard to development and support and soon with MT1.3 MT1.2

I have also found that the error is only given in IE8 not in other browsers, then this mean that the problem to be overcome is IE8 (IE never meet the standards).

Think for a moment and see if I have right or wrong in giving the idea of a change (slowly) of the extensions to use more and more users around the globe in its development (templates and extensions)

Lords future is Mootools Joomla 1.6 and 1.2 - 1.3, should not be left behind, we will gladly help you in whatever is necessary even though my knowledge are few, but I like to work.

Thanks and I hope a positive response to correct the error that I am presenting.

Best regards.
Fresh Boarder