*Template Features Suggestions*

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Joomla Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
teitbite
Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:33 pm
Hi

Ok. I was wrong. It cannot be done the way I thought it can be done, because anythig attached to popup is covering overlay layer and closing is not working than. Anyway we can attache it to overlay itself but without control of where button will appear :( But maby someone find it usefull.

Code: Select all
#gkPopupOverlay {
    background: url("../images/close_button.png") no-repeat scroll 60% 20% #000000;
}

GK User
Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:05 am
Mod: Adding Close button to GK Popups.
Example Template: esport

Quick mod to add close buttons on popups. As popup code is generic in all latest templates so it should work fine with other templates, look for similar codes. esport template has an extra "cart" popup so example supports cart popup too, if your template does not have store functionality simply do not include cart in below modifications.

4 Stages : Html Code / Css / Javascript / Image for close button.

Adding Html:
Find File: templates/gk_esport/layouts/default.php
Find Lines: 273 to 294 which is below
    <?php if(GK_LOGIN && !GK_COM_USERS) : ?>   
    <div id="gkPopupLogin">   
       <div class="gkPopupWrap">
            <?php $this->loadBlock('tools/login'); ?>
       </div>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

<?php if(GK_REGISTER && !GK_COM_USERS) : ?>
    <div id="gkPopupRegister">   
          <?php $this->loadBlock('tools/register'); ?>
       </div>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

<?php if($this->modules('cart')) : ?>   
    <div id="gkPopupCart">   
            <?php $this->loadBlock('tools/cart'); ?>
       </div>
    </div>

Replace with below
    <?php if(GK_LOGIN && !GK_COM_USERS) : ?>   
    <div id="gkPopupLogin">   
          <div class="gkPopupClose">Close</div>
            <?php $this->loadBlock('tools/login'); ?>
       </div>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

<?php if(GK_REGISTER && !GK_COM_USERS) : ?>
    <div id="gkPopupRegister">   
          <?php $this->loadBlock('tools/register'); ?>
       </div>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

<?php if($this->modules('cart')) : ?>   
    <div id="gkPopupCart">   
            <?php $this->loadBlock('tools/cart'); ?>
       </div>
    </div>

CSS:

Add below css in to override.css or gk.stuff.css located in /css folder. Make sure enable css override from template settings > advanced settings if you are using override.css
#gkPopupLogin .gkPopupClose,#gkPopupRegister .gkPopupClose, #gkPopupCart .gkPopupClose {background:url("../images/popup_close.png") no-repeat scroll transparent;cursor:pointer;float:right;height:24px;margin:3px 0 0;position:relative;text-indent:-999em;top:-30px;right:-25px;width:24px;}

Javascript:

Find File: templates/gk_esport/js/gk.scripts.js
Find Lines: 181 to 197 which is below
         if(opened_popup == 'register') {
            popup_overlay.fade('out');
            popup_register_fx.start({
               'opacity' : 0,
               'height' : 0
            });
         }

if(opened_popup == 'cart')   {
            popup_cart_fx.start({
            });
         }   
      });
   }

Replace with below
         if(opened_popup == 'register') {
            });
         }

if(opened_popup == 'cart')   {
            popup_cart_fx.start({
            });
         }   
      });
   }

if(document.id('gkPopupLogin') && document.id('gkPopupLogin').getElement('.gkPopupClose')) {
      document.id('gkPopupLogin').getElement('.gkPopupClose').addEvent("click", function(){
         popup_login_fx.start({
         });

});
   }
   if(document.id('gkPopupRegister') && document.id('gkPopupRegister').getElement('.gkPopupClose')) {
      document.id('gkPopupRegister').getElement('.gkPopupClose').addEvent("click", function(){
         });

});
   }
   if(document.id('gkPopupCart') && document.id('gkPopupCart').getElement('.gkPopupClose')) {
      document.id('gkPopupCart').getElement('.gkPopupClose').addEvent("click", function(){
         popup_cart_fx.start({
         });

});
   }

Image:
Find attached zip file, extract it and copy image file to "templates/gk_esport/images/popup_close.png"

Test:
Open pupup and click on "X" to close it.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:59 pm
Hi

Great thanks for that :) I wasn't able to help because my lack in knowledge of mootools, so it's a pretty big release that You've helped with it :)

GK User
Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:32 pm
No problem at all , see you around ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:55 am
@ teitbite
@ normanUK

Thank you very much for your effort and time. Great support
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:08 am
Hi

This time all thanks to normanUK :)

GK User
Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:15 am
No problem guys , glad to help ;)
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:32 pm
Hi

It's good to have You around :)

GK User
Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:00 pm
My suggestion would be to make the main menu on templates as a module. This helps a lot as some of my clients need different top menu on different pages. It's much easier to handle this by assigning the module menu.

Also opengraph extension is not working on k2 component. that would be great if we can assign OG to k2 items!
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:11 am
HI

That's right OG plugin is not supporting K2, but please search the forum so You will find a solution for that too.

Abut menu we are using megamenu, and couple of styles more. With a module position instead there is no way to predict all styles for all menu modules available. This is why not only us, but most of biggest template clubs is using. But if You will search the forum You will find a way to replace menu with module position too.

GK User
Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:48 am
Hi,

Can Gavick add css table typography by default? :) The css table typography is more convenient and good looking for job.It's because the universal content editor which has an ugly table style.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:06 pm
Hi

Can You please give me an example so I would know what You have in mind ?

GK User
Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:40 am
hi,

Please check this linking:http://joomla15.zootemplate.com/zt_apogo/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54&Itemid=54and,find the table styles section of this typography.

Can gk typography add this kind of table typography style by default? :)

teitbite wrote:Hi

Can You please give me an example so I would know what You have in mind ?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:03 am
Hi

I've informed developers about it. Will let You know what they said.

teitbite
Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:57 pm
Hi

Ok. Here is a replie. Looks like it's not possible because joomla is rewriting tables code when saving.

table styles were included on our typography like here >> hhttp://demo.gavick.com/joomla16/jul2011/ also in typo plugin but since typography article clean-up in appsprotech template (if I remember well) the tables are not included in typography.

GK User
Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:18 pm
well thanks a lot,,,its a great suggestions and i really hope it'll be included in the future releases ,and i'd like to insist to add some features to enhance & fit more with JOMSOCIAL like NOTIFICATION AS facebook << not trying to copy but something like it ,,and why not better than it ,add more positions << i know it can be done but another position for chatbar like facebook ,,,with my respect & love to you guys :)
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:09 pm
Hi

As always any new (reasonable) request send to developers. Now all depends from them :)

GK User
Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:13 pm
let's hope to Gavick make epaper or flipping book template!!! ;)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Hi all

What about Real Estate Template? many ppl who need it..there is alot of ppl working with sell houses.cars and other stuff
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:37 pm
Why Gavern frameworks were not keeping all modules positions. Each template change the positions of the modules? Is not it better to retain the modules positions in all templates.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:54 am
MyCenturytv wrote:Why Gavern frameworks were not keeping all modules positions. Each template change the positions of the modules? Is not it better to retain the modules positions in all templates.

Hi

Most of the positions are repeating in all Gavern templates, but there are some template related position which were prepared specially for it and may not be useful with a different template styling.

GK User
Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:02 pm
breaking_now.png
It's been a while since anything was added here for suggestions, so I'm going to make a suggestion. I know it's possible, as I have implemented it, however it can be made better with more styling. It's a simple jquery "News ticker". To make it, you make it, you first make a custom html module, and place it in topmenu position (unless you want that menu) then add:
<ul id="js-news" class="js-hidden">
<li class="news-item">This is test 1 &gt;&gt; followed by test 2</li>
<li class="news-item">This is test 2</li>
<li class="news-item"></li>
</ul>

After this, you add
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.0/jquery.min.js"></script>
   <script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.10.3/jquery-ui.min.js"></script><script src="includes/jquery.ticker.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
   <script src="includes/site.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
to default.php to call your scripts. The scripts are widely available on google, and all are pretty much the same.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:20 pm
Ability to add the meta tag "standout" to articles. This tag is used by google to instantly grab "Breaking New's" articles from News publishers. How code looks:
<meta name="standout" content="http://www.example.com/breaking_exclusive_story_2314"/>
This could be implemented in the article/k2 item creation section, by a radio button similar to the "Featured Article" radio button.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:29 am
I would really like to see a plugin for video backgrounds, like gavickpro mentioned before on twitter :mrgreen:
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:12 pm
Hi

Ok. I'll remind programmers about that :)

GK User
Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:12 pm
I'm counting on it now :mrgreen:
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:03 am
I don't know if I put this in the right topic but I have a client who has a health store. He is selling nature based health supplements. Now I am looking for a template that I customize to his need. I am a big fan of the templates of Gavick but for Joomla I don't see anything yet that I can use.
Will there be in the neat future a template for this? I think more website builders can use this.

Thank you!

P.s. if this is the wrong topic can you please put it in the right one? ;)
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:09 am
Hi

This is correct topic, but I'm afraid there will not be a direct tempalte designed for this purpose directly. Because there is no need. Basicaly You can use almost any template and when You will replace images it will do the job, so what matters here most is a general feel. For example I've recently was asked for a website about health suplements and I've used Cloudhost template. General topic of Cloudhost was not even close to this type of website, but when images from articles appeared showing natural food, medicines, etc including the clean feel from template itself site looked well suited with the topic from task.

The thames of templates as just examples to show how informations can be presented in it.

GK User
Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:23 pm
Thank you very much indeed I can image how it could look. I will gonna give it a try!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:24 am
I have a suggestion. Gavick has created great styling for some popular Joomla components like virtuemart, k2, jomsocial and hikashop. I think it would great to breakout these component/module themes into separate downloads that are compatable with any other gavick templates. For instance I used the new photo template for an e-commerce website (http://apocalypticsolutions.com/prepare). To make Hikashop look great I added the relevant code from the storefront template. It's still a work in progress but looks much better than Hikashop's stock theme.

Thanks for all the great work!
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:57 am
Hi

This would be great, but I'm afraid it will require a great manpower to make it work along with all the templates and we need to focus on delivering best joomla templates, so cannot afford that right now. Sorry.

GK User
Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:43 pm
I just upgraded gk-Steakhouse to version 1.5 and I must say you guys did a great job to improve the front-end editing. But there is one element missing on the front end - the Joomla article "version".
My clients are very nervous about editing content, and they make a lot of mistakes (like me!). It is extremely important for them to be able to restore a previous version.
Can I suggest this is added in the next update, and all future templates?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:46 am
Hi

"restore a previous version" ? I'm not sure if joomla provides something like that so there is not much we can do about that, but I think there are plugins which may bring such extension to editing, I'm not sure unfortunately.

GK User
Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:21 pm
Yes! since Joomla 3.2 you can keep earlier versions of your articles and restore them.
You can set the number of articles saved in Article Manager -->Options-->Editing Layout.
It should be easy enough to add the extra field to the front-end, and that will make a big difference for users.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:31 pm
Hi

So if it's in joomla already than it has to be available with front-end editing in our templates as well. We have not removed any any functionality. We only made a style to make it look matching our templates.

GK User
Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:08 pm
Yes, it should be there, but there is no button. I haven't found any configuration option to show/hide the version button in the front end. If I am right and it was somehow dropped, could you please ask the programmers to put it in the next release? It is a very useful tool for users.
Thanks,
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:17 am
Hi

I meant that we have not changed anything there. Maybe You need an extra plugin for that. Editing panel is oppened in iframe, so we have no need to do anything here since it's using a style of administrator template. ...ok I'm beginning to think we are talking about 2 different things. Can You please show me a screenshot?

GK User
Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:57 pm
OK, here is a shot of the administrator Article Manager with the versioning enabled. The version button is on top.
Then there is a shot of the same article in front-end editor. The only 2 options are Save or Cancel.
Screenshot 2015-01-05 12.png
Screenshot 2015-01-05 11.png
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:58 am
Hi

I have no idea. Here is an article from site I installed yesterday. There is no "Versions" option there. I think You have some additional plugin for that and it's working in backend only.

GK User
Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:36 pm
You have to enable it: Article Manager--> Options--> Editing Layout--> Save History
Take a look - it's really very useful.
Expert Boarder