*Template Features Suggestions*

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Joomla Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:08 pm
Hello Club Members

A few of you have made some clear suggestions of what you would like implemented in future templates for us to consider.

I have passed 2 suggestions on to the developers to consider (but this is not a promise, please remember this)

Suggestion 1 - is to implement in the administration area of the template to change the CSS colours of the template, i,e. fonts, background colours etc.

Suggestion 2 - is to add at least 2 themes i.e. Light and Dark.

These are only suggestions in light of your requests on the forum. And these are in demand.

If there is anything else you would like for us to consider to implement in future releases that you see as a benefit to you and fellow club members. Please add your suggestions to this thread.

Thanks
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:53 pm
I would suggest you to consider accessibility....

Look here http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/accessibility.

Kind regards.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:08 am
Following on from the template suggestions.. is it possible to use Module Variations from PostNote in the News template by adding files .. the orange, green, red and blue from PostNote are very effective whereas the variations in The News are just slight shades.. If so where are the files please
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:15 pm
florint wrote:
I would suggest you to consider accessibility....

Look here http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/accessibility.

Kind regards.

Hi

Unfortunately this can be hard because we cannot control the content provided by users. Joomla is having too much options of showing the content / lots of modules. Believe me I know this topic very well.

GK User
Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:19 am
Hi teitbite
Thank you for the answere.
I can see the problem but i think you can add some features to your "tools menu".

Textversion - show the website without pictures and so on,
Read the page - a link to a small program to Read the text aloud
You have different fontsize
You have different width of the template
You have style switcher - think of colours with contrast
A possibility to choose a simple menu that you can use without the mice

Then you are a step closer to accessibility.... I think :-)

Kind regards
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:49 am
Hi

Accessibility sites do not need textversion or read the page options. Believe me I was working for two years in company creating such pages and got experience with blind people. They all have reading programs already on the computer, and do not use the one from sites, because if they do not have such program they will simply not find it. Also this programs already reads the site in textversion (without css styles).

It's not easy to make a site fully readable by such programs (needs special features, hidden titles, hidden tips, shortcuts). So the case is to predict what will users put inside the site to not mess up an accessibility and that is almost impossible.

Unfortunately even one error for such program may prevent it from reading it.

GK User
Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:19 pm
I don't know what i'm trying to suggest is useful or not for gavick business / gavick customer. But I hope the following feature maybe provide more satisfaction for visitor.

1. Ajax / Moveable Module Positions, this is the feature like iGoogle which user can customized their own style of our site.

2. Automatic change of template on day / night (Just an idea, and I'm looking for the way to do this thing on my whole sites.) Maybe useful for changing the template on holiday too.

3. iPhone, iPad, Mobile, and other devices interface to see what's happen on our template with any device. (Devices Browser Interface)

4. Browse Button to Upload template logo directly from pc. (like blogspot) and set the size of the uploaded image to be fit with the position of logo.

5. Form Customization Features. Admin can change form element background, button, color, and more... (Text field background, button image, list and menu color, font color, and etc.,)

The above suggestion is not only what I want. But I hope these maybe useful for gavick business over other template club. I like gavick style. And would like to return back something that maybe useful for gavick.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:34 pm
I would like a special design for seyret component on gavick template. On Memovie, I was very disappointed to have no video player :(
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:41 pm
My suggestions (2 cents)

1) test extensively!
2) fewer overrides
3) keep it simple
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:12 pm
how about fixing the menus and login and registration forms on your templates to at least work in joomla?"

the corp2 and memovie do not have "username" in the lost pw script so its broken.

or , how about having a answer to posts in your forums?

or how about hiring some help so once a person spends money with you they at least get a reply.

basic customer service would be a novel ideal
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:27 am
Hi

For sure login is an issue and I'll report it to the programmers right now, but menu is not a bug. It's just a diffrent solution You probably not used to yet. It's fully discribed in the help files and some radical solutions have been already posted on forum.

I'm sorry You didn't get the answers to Your questions on time. Unfortunately You placed them on weekend which I personaly spend with my family and treat the forum lighter than (sorry, but I need a break after spending 10/day on the forum).

GK User
Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:50 am
about problem with password reminding - I've prepared updates - it will be relased today for every template based on T3 framework (with other updates prepared for some of templates)
Administrator

GK User
Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:35 am
Your login script and register script do not work the same.

if you use the login module it offers "register" as the bottom option, standard joomla , if a person uses a registration extension such as AlphaRegister, to have a terms and condition statement the Gavick login module picks up the registration extension.

meanwhile the register module that you supply does not.

one Gavick module "login" behaves differently than the "register module" they should behave the same. since they do the "same thing"

this means you need to modify your register module to "see, search, recognize" to see if a registration module "replaces yours" or modifies.

to avoid this, you can simply add a link to your registration module. "click here" for a agree to statement feature such as the Yootheme to match product function.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:42 am
You need much better "documentation" or video tutorials. you have a highly complex system. your templates If they can be figured out look good.

the problem is you "assume" everyone is a programmer. Joomla's entire marketing premise is "easy" open source content management.

you break that rule by making your templates complex. complex is not a problem "IF" you supply "how to achieve" quick zip fully loaded sites are not a bad start.

however you supply zero "how to achieve" the looks you create via News or photoshow or tabs.. YOU NEED video tutorials.

anyone that uses your template MUST use custom builds or it looks like a Gavick advertisement. YOU need to support this. being short staffed is not an excuse to stop supporting your own product.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:59 pm
Hi

Our framework is called T3 and it's a product of JoomlArt with our modifications. But I can see that more and more joomla clubs start to use it, so in the near future I belive it'll became a standard.

PS: It's just an information, not to start a fight or anything :D

GK User
Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:12 pm
i would like a few 'table' styles that we can use when building tables.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:01 am
Hi

This request is a customization issue. You can add a couple of styles to css and change it by using diffrent class.

GK User
Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:32 am
To add "table" typography to gavick templates is more good to use.It's better than any kind of content editor of joomla built in.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:48 am
Hi

Yes. Probably, but if You do not have it, than You need to create it on Your own.

GK User
Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:39 pm
Can we suggest also template suggestions? (i don´t have seen a thread with this topic)

is there any chance that there is an education/school or university template on this site? (i don´t know whether Gavick.com actually create templates like that) many thanks for your answer.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:49 am
Hi

Unfortunately there were no school based template, but I've seen couple of templates used for this. I've been helping in making school sites on MyStore and Postnote for example.

GK User
Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:26 pm
I just want to make it known that Gavick is amazing for forging ahead into J! 1.6
And I have nothing but good impressions of these 1.6 templates and the new components.

In fact, I am now of the opinion that 1.6 templates should be Gavick's main focus. All of the extensions I utilize are now 1.6 native, so the templates are the only hold up. Gavick is thus far my only provider to be making such releases, but even then I feel having to wait extra time on 1.6 is a hassle when it's 1.5 that has quickly fallen from, and continues to fall from favor.

Cheers.

Geno
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:02 am
Hi

I believe 1.5 will slowly gone :) Than we will be realising for 1.6 only. Right now there is just too few good extentions for 1.6 to cut it completly.

GK User
Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:26 am
Thank you.

To be clear though, my suggestion is that Joomla 1.6 Templates be released first, and Joomla 1.5 second.

I understand it will be some time before the need for 1.5 has evaporated.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:03 pm
Hello,

1. Organized module frames and page borders that , for instance, the template MyStore doesn't have... :whistle: I really like this template but I feel like I'm lost in the template all the time... And not organized y-axis, please see the image below

Capture_2011-04-17.PNG

2. Product image frames for e-commerce websites :blush:

3. (js) hover-effects for especially e-commerce websites. I've coded a really nice one, but it needs more work. (When mouse is over an image, a second larger image is open in a js frame. So far so good). :silly:

4. Gavick needs to offer us more e-commerce websites for real! :( The world suffers from it :D especially me :side:
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:07 pm
I have a big suggestion:
stop designing for 1.5, start with 1.6!
Why do you have latest templates for 1.5 only?
Really, guys...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu May 12, 2011 11:38 pm
I agree we leed more "how to achieve" quick staff is not enough to really understand any element of the site. Videotutorial would be nice.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue May 17, 2011 1:24 am
I'd like to see a category list layout that can utilize images and headlines similar to a google news feed. Right now, the Category list is not very attractive. It seems a bit dated. Maybe Gavick can take the lead and future Joomla templates will follow.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:15 pm
Havent actually found a forum to recommend on new products development

Well, it is clear that there are no good commenting components for joomla 1.7 so far, i hope you guys get the point ^_^
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:36 am
All JomSocial theme should be icons for "Messages", "Notifications", etc.. At the top of the page :) :laugh:

See example:
zga.JPG
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:34 am
I would very much like to see a magazine style template similar to http://www.rollingstone.com/ or http://nymag.com/.

There is currently NOTHING like this on Joomla.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:53 am
TeeTide wrote:I would very much like to see a magazine style template similar to http://www.rollingstone.com/ or http://nymag.com/.

What is the difference between news templates and magazine templates? Specially your example websites, you can pretty much use World News templates for the same end results without changing anything....
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:24 pm
normanUK wrote:
TeeTide wrote:I would very much like to see a magazine style template similar to http://www.rollingstone.com/ or http://nymag.com/.

What is the difference between news templates and magazine templates? Specially your example websites, you can pretty much use World News templates for the same end results without changing anything....

What he said ^

All you need to do is rearrange modules and change fonts on TWN2. There is nothing I see that's unique.

If you want to hire someone to build it for you, I'll be available early next month.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:22 pm
Hello!
Why have you stopped making templates for Joomla 1.5? I do not want to update to 1.7, because there are not the components that I use in 1.5 for Joomla 1.7.
Regards Marek
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:43 pm
Hi

That's because jooaml 1.5 will soon be unsupported and when 1.8 will be released I believe 1.7 will be in charge for not so long.

GK User
Mon May 21, 2012 3:44 pm
I would suggest you to create an intranet website
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue May 22, 2012 6:50 am
Hi

Does our templates cannot be used for that ? I've been helping with dozens of website with our templates working in intranet. What should be the difference ?

GK User
Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:20 pm
Hello,

i would suggest you add a close button to your pop-ups...
My clients notified me that this is unusual and a few people do not recognise that they have to click outside the pop up to close it. Therefore, this leads to frustrated customers.
Anybody has already customized the pop ups? Please notify me.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:40 pm
Hi

Yes. Since outside popup is already closing it than all You need to do is to add closing button image and move it a little outside popup area. I can make it for You if You send me ftp and url.

GK User
Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:24 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

Yes. Since outside popup is already closing it than all You need to do is to add closing button image and move it a little outside popup area. I can make it for You if You send me ftp and url.

PM is out
Senior Boarder