Adding additional Field in GK Contact

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Joomla Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:33 pm
Hello there,

I am wondering where I should look if I need to add additional fields in the GK Contact form? Basically I am using "John" Template, and I need additional Fields as such "Telephone" and "Please call me back" with Tick Box on the contact form. Any idea how I can add these fields?

Another matter is that are we allow to modify the plugin and rename it (for example from GK Contact to GK Contact2) and hence also allow some changes in the CSS?

Thanks in advance
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:53 pm
Hello,

All contact form code is generated by the gkcontact plugin code so you should modify its code. And yes, you can duplicate the plugin, but please remember to change the CSS classes too.
Administrator

GK User
Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:18 pm
dziudek wrote:Hello,

All contact form code is generated by the gkcontact plugin code so you should modify its code. And yes, you can duplicate the plugin, but please remember to change the CSS classes too.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for this but may I know which file I should be looking at? Appreciate the reply.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:21 pm
Our plugins usually contains only one PHP file - GK Contact plugin is located in plugins/system/gk_contact/ directory.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:30 am
Was meant to go to a new post but came here as it is kinda of relevant.

I am using an altered color style for the Creativity template; changed the redish style 6 to black on style6.css /templates/gk_creativity/css. However the GK Contact plugin when used still appears with the old light red color. I was wondering if you could point a finger to a right direction?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:39 am
Did you tried to use !important in your CSS code?
Administrator

GK User
Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:49 pm
I can add an input checbox for privacy acceptance, but I can't find how to validate.
I add this:

$output .= '<label><input type="checkbox" class="required" value="1" name="privacy">Privacy</label>';

and I can see this checkbox, but I can't validate. Can you tell me how to do it ?
Fresh Boarder