Facebook Login - Dont work.

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Joomla Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:47 am
Hi there,

It seems i cant get the Facebook login to work.
I did everything according to the provided steps.
Sometimes i get the facebook pop up, others i dont even get the pop up.
The login button should show up with Portuguese text (pt_BR) but it shows english text.
But ultimately it just doesnt work.

I noticed that this issue was reported previously but i didn't found the solution.... ant news? is this function broken? should i be looking for an extension to substitute this GK template feauture? any suggestions on such extension?

By the way, you can see and test it at: dev.josinaldomartins.com.br (click on "Faça Login" to show up the login page)
Thanks for the time and help.

Best Regards,
Paulo
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:27 am
I suspect that you may have conflict with some 3rd party facebook extensions. Could you provide me URL to your website so I can look at console? Did you properly configure URL in facebook app settings (to root of your domain)?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:36 pm
bkrztuk wrote:I suspect that you may have conflict with some 3rd party facebook extensions. Could you provide me URL to your website so I can look at console? Did you properly configure URL in facebook app settings (to root of your domain)?

I did cofigure the URL under App domains:
Currently i have there: josinaldomartins.com.br and dev.josnialdomartins.com.br

The url of the webste is dev.josinaldomartins.com.br

The only other extensions i have is GK Social. (on the footer)

Thanks for looking into this.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:17 am
Could you show me your website? Maybe browser console provide me more details about problem.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:15 pm
bkrztuk wrote:Could you show me your website? Maybe browser console provide me more details about problem.

Sure and thanks.
http://dev.josinaldomartins.com.br/
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:48 am
I've logged to your website using Login with facebook without any problems, please have a look » screenshot
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:31 am
what the.... :(

on your printscreen i see an error, the "faça login" (Login) should change to "Sair" (logout) ... once you login.

By the way, still cant login myself.... (using facebook), maybe some problem with my browser?...
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:56 am
I have no idea what may be wrong but for me all is fine - I've used my fake account and get access to you website. please look at registered users, you will find there new username :)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:29 pm
bkrztuk wrote:I have no idea what may be wrong but for me all is fine - I've used my fake account and get access to you website. please look at registered users, you will find there new username :)

hehe, just noticed.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:17 pm
Which browser do you use? The problem still exists?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:53 pm
I am making some changes including using an extension to enable me to have facebook comments on articles.
I will update this topic as soon as i get that one working.

I think i wont be using the GK Fb anymore due to this.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:43 am
Update.

I am using JFBConnect to handle the login as well as the FB comments on the articles. Actually it´s because of the Comments functinality that i wanted JFBconnect in the first place. But for the Facepile i am using GKsocial.

Unfortunately both still use english in the login as well as in the facepile... i have no idea why because i have set the language in the module to be pt-BR and the default language of the FB app is also pt-BR

Any clue of why the the modules fall back to english??
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:57 am
Probably the script from facebook is duplicated and the first one detected by browser is set to different language. Please open your website source code and search for 'facebook' - you should see there script included with provided language tag in URL.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:35 pm
bkrztuk wrote:Probably the script from facebook is duplicated and the first one detected by browser is set to different language. Please open your website source code and search for 'facebook' - you should see there script included with provided language tag in URL.

had the same idea, so i made sure that both extensions have pt_BR as their set language.
Even so, i disabled the extension JFBConnect in order to see if GKsocial would start working correctly... no luck.. even if only one GKsocial e active it still shows in english.
On the other hand the FB comments on the article show up correctly (language wise, this is controled by JFBconnect) ) so i am now pretty sure the problem is exclusive to gkSocial.

PS: I tried what you said and it shows up as requesting the us version... but i have no clue why. In the backend gkSocial and JFBconnect both have pt_BR set as their language.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:36 am
Did you change the language for FB script in template setting or you don't use our template?
Platinum Boarder