J3, Creativity template and Facebook Authentication problem

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Joomla Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:05 am
I have a problem with Facebook authentication in the Creativity template. I am on Joomla 3.x

I have set the APP ID and secret key under Template settings and Facebook Authentication plugin and checked it and double checked it as well.

When trying to "Login using Facebook" it does pop-up a box where user has to enter email and password to facebook. It then gives the user the prompt about access and when the user clicks OK, it populates the Login module with "Facebook" username and some password.

However after this it fails to Login. Also no error is given and no user account is created in Joomla.

Could someone please assist in resolving this issue? Don Lee from the forum was extremely helpful in getting me to this point but there is no solution to this so far.

Is the Social API for this theme broken? Whats going on? Someone please assist with this.

Thanks
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:51 pm
Hi

Please show me Your site.

GK User
Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:10 pm
My site is http://www.project24.in Look forward to your response.

Let me know if you wish access to the site.

Thanks.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:25 pm
Hi

I have sent you an email with credentials to the website, both Joomla admin and FTP.

Tried PM but it wasnt working and messages were stuck in the Outbox to no avail.

Hope you can help me resolve the Facebook authentication issue.

Thanks much.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:04 pm
Hi

Looks like everything is configured properly in joomla, so I think problem can be in settings inside facebook app. Can You please make a screen of this settings and show it to me ?

GK User
Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:21 pm
Hi

Here is the link to the screenshot of the Facebook app i created:

http://www.project24.in/Facebook%20App%20ID%20screenshot.png
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:49 pm
Hi

Could you assist me with a resolution to this please? Do you have any updates on this?

Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:09 pm
Fix for you, it was a problem in FB Authentication plugin, Gavick used wrong code.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:20 pm
Hi Don Lee

Thanks a million! You' the man!

Works like a charm now. The only thing i wonder why Gavick would release templates that werent fully baked. Anyways...could you please tell me what file/files you made the change to so that i can backup the file/files for use in my other websites and as a backup.. i am not really into programming so i dont think i would be able to understand the changes you have made...

Thanks a ton for all your help and insight in this.

regards
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:58 am
Solution:

Open file:plugins/authentication/facebook/facebook.php

1. Find and remove:
Code: Select all
return $response;

2. Find all:
JAUTHENTICATE_STATUS_FAILURE

Replace with:
JAuthentication::STATUS_SUCCESS
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:02 pm
Hi

Thanks for help Don. Isn't this plugin a default joomla plugin ? Maybe it will be better to put this code to override in /html to avoid losing of this fix during joomla update.

GK User
Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:14 pm
Teitbite mate, this module is made by Gavick :) and since it's is a plugin so we can't override it in html directory of the template, we can only edit directly in that plugin file and report to developers to fix for next version.
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:36 pm
Hi

Really? I remember installing fb auth plugin from joomla repositiory, but it was for joomla 2.5 and You're right I cannot see it there for 3.0. About plugin override I'm always using this with k2mart, but again it ca be a different situation since K2mart got themes.

GK User
Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:41 pm
I could know that after looking at the header of that plugin file, I thought it was Joomla's but turns out it's Gavick's.

/**
* Authorization plugin
* @Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Gavick.com
* @ All rights reserved
* @ Joomla! is Free Software
* @ Released under GNU/GPL License : http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html
* @version $Revision: GK4 1.0 $
**/
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:07 pm
Hi

Thanks for pointing that. I would have not know :)

Off topic: Did any of clients I've been sending to You got ever contacted You ?

GK User
Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:19 pm
Nobody has done mate, that's why I'm still around here :D but thank you anyway.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:11 pm
Thanks Don Lee for posting the solution for the better of the general community..

Appreciate your help with this.

regards
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:12 am
Hi Don Lee,

I applied your suggested changes (find and remove & find and replace) to the facebook.php file found here: plugins/authentication/facebook/facebook.php

I still am unable to get the Facebook login to work with my site. Do you have any suggestions? My site is http://www.gobenevolent.org

Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:06 pm
Hi
I followed yr step for Facebook Authentication, but i still have the same issues !
thx for yr help
my site : http://strategea.ca/mybikes/index.php?o ... view=login
jjari
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:48 pm
Hi

That's becuase it's a different issue right now. Due to recent Fb API change please make this change in
/html/com_users/login/default_login.php and replace line:

<form action="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_users&task=user.login'); ?>" method="post">

with

<form action="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_users&task=user.login'); ?>" method="post" id="com-login-form">

GK User
Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:28 pm
Tired this one No Use!
teitbite wrote:Hi

That's becuase it's a different issue right now. Due to recent Fb API change please make this change in
/html/com_users/login/default_login.php and replace line:

<form action="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_users&task=user.login'); ?>" method="post">

with

<form action="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_users&task=user.login'); ?>" method="post" id="com-login-form">
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:07 am
Hi

Ok, please leave this modification and try to download rest_files package and template again. Replace /layout/blocks/social.php and install facebook authentication plugin. If there is no such plugin in Your template's package try download one of the latest templates, it should be there.

GK User
Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:10 am
Thanks for the reply but I dont need it anymore I want to accept Facebook Login only for existing Users not new one...

Ok, please leave this modification and try to download rest_files package and template again. Replace /layout/blocks/social.php and install facebook authentication plugin. If there is no such plugin in Your template's package try download one of the latest templates, it should be there.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:45 am
Hi

Ok. Not a problem. I'm just glad You got is sorted somehow.

GK User
Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:47 am

Ok. Not a problem. I'm just glad You got is sorted somehow.

If you are free can you see what's happening with my "search"
the results are displayed underneath header bottom on homepage
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:13 pm
Hi

Of course, please just tell me Your site's url and what to do to see this problem.

GK User
Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:49 pm
I've the same issue with joomla 2.5 It only works for me but for other it doesnt authecate :huh:
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:12 am
Hi

GK User
Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:45 am
I need some help here, when I try to use the facebook login it appears to work but than it tells me I need to inform a valid email account.

Here's my site, try it:

http://horuscamisetas.com.br
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:32 am
Hi

Thank I believe it's a matter of configuration. Please check if You have followed every step from the instruction: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/ge ... k-feature/

GK User
Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:35 pm
I have already done this step by step, it's really easy.
There's no issues with how I configured it. If you want I'll show you screenshots.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:39 am
Hi

Ok. If You are sure about configuration than please try update the template to the latest version and send me na access to Your joomla panel.

GK User
Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:43 pm
I sent the login information.

Thank you for your time and comprehension.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:51 am
Thank you for your time, but it`s actually working when other people log in. Because of the fact that I didn`t use my FB email as an administrator nor a user I thought I could log in using facebook. Being that the FB APP to enable the plugin is related to the account for some reason this crashes the code or Idk... But it`s working fine, that`s all I need!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:56 am
Hi

Good to know. I just tried to logg in but access is not working already, but that's ok if You do not need my assist anymore.

GK User
Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:01 am

www.yessirmerchandise.nl
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:15 pm
Hi

@YSSRNL, first of all please update plugin and the template to the latest version. If this still will not we working than please send me an access to FTP.

GK User
Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:47 pm
I have tried everything =(

Can you take a look at mine please ?

The Login is for the time only on this link:

http://stinejessie.com/index.php/c/ui-ux
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:35 pm
Hi

I can see an error telling that application is not configured correctly. You need to check the settings in app directly in Your facebook account. Start from checking if it's enabled for a public use.

GK User
Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:41 am
I have same problem. I did everything what you are talking about. Even antoher forum issues abaout Facebook login.. when i try to login with Facebook, username becomes "Facebook"..and.. as you know...
actuually everything is problem about facebook on Gavick template. i think you don't take care Facebook apps ! but it is important for your customers.
Senior Boarder