Changing language in K2 items

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Joomla Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.6.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:26 am
Hi all, this is probably very simple but I'm a newbie. How do I change the language of K2 items from the default English to Spanish ?

For instance the Written by, Date, Published In, Comment Submit Form - how do I change all that info to other languages ?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:33 pm
Hi,

Here you go get a translation package http://getk2.org/extend/translations

Cheers,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:47 am
Hi Don, thanks for this.

Went in there and downloaded the corresponding Spanish language pack, uploaded and installed the zip file but it doesn't work.

The website says " The only requirement is that you must have the related Joomla! language pack installed first." Is there another extension to install first ?

Thanks again.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:24 pm
Hi,

I think that it means you haven't installed Spanish language for your whole site, now go to http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/languages and search for Spanish language pack to install first, after that you can install the language pack for K2.

Cheers,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:54 am
Have done and still admin and front edit are not traslated
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:43 am
Can anybody address this problem with K2 languages?

Thank you
Regards
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:09 am
Anyone on this?

Much appreciated,
Regards
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:01 am
Hello everyone. I was able to translate K2 to Spanish. The thing is there are several spanish versions of K2 (i.e. es-ES, es-VE, etc.). When uploading the K2 spanish package, you should be aware to upload the same version that you have installed in Joomla Frontend. Otherwise, it won't work!!! Good luck!
Fresh Boarder