Mobile Ready Template for BlackBerry?

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Joomla Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:50 pm
I have a site with using the World News II template for J 1.7.1 (updating to 1.7.2 as we speak). I can't get the browser check to recognize blackberry devices and redirect to the mobile template. Been doing homework for about 6 weeks on mobile development and this is the last step before this site is ready to announce its mobile platform.

Is there a patch, or any particular reason mobile doens't work on blackberry? Is there an update or some ongoing development process that will fix this? I know we are all waiting for RIMM to die, but ...

Can I get some help on this?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:11 pm
Anyone?! Any insight on mobile for blackberry? Any support at all?!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:14 pm
I see this article on the documentation site:
http://wiki.gavick.com/joomla-templates ... e-version/

But even after disabling collaspable articles, my site doesn't seem to recognize blackberry browsers. Some help please?!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:29 pm
I too am looking for a way to add Blackberry detection to the World News II template (for J3) (Gavern v 2.15.2). Or fix it.

I see in the template that there is a way to assign Handheld to the handheld layout. But it doesn't appear to be recognizing my client's Blackberry (Q10) devices (neither is an online Blackberry simulator I'm using) because none are displaying the mobile version. And, even though I have the Desktop Switcher enabled in the template, it isn't showing up in the simulator.

Is there any configuration setting I am overlooking? Can you help resolve this?

Thanks
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:59 pm
Hi

I'm sorry, but The Word News II template was removed from our offer some time ago and we do not develop it anymore, so there will be no update for this problem. Sorry.