QuickStart - No Menus Appear!

Joomla template which allow you to present sport news in amazing and professional way.
GK User
Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:01 am
Hi-

2 inquiries-

I just installed ICKI via QuickStart in MAMP. Everything works great- EXCEPT there are no menus! Also, if I try to create a menu in Joomla Admin, it won't work. It says "menu saved" but then does not reflect that a new menu was added either in the admin panel, or on the actual front-end site.

ALSO- When will ICKI be made 1.6 compatible?

I'd greatly appreciate any help in these two issues.

Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:47 am
it is most likely some php settings from mamp... i suggest you try an online service, or xamp - follow our tutorial on how to quickstart here :

http://www.gavick.com/supportdesk/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/28/0/how-to-install-quickstart-package

about 1.6 for icky. it is not our first priority - it's from may 2009, and we start the other way around. taking all 2010 templates first...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:50 am
hmm... i did try xamp but had even more errors than mamp specifically (Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/libraries/pattemplate/patTemplate.php on line 1424
)... perhaps i'll try that again. before i do though, which php settings do you think would be at issue? i've used quickstart several times without any problems.

ah well - hope its sometime soon... Would Icki work in 1.6 as of now without problems?

thanks so much for your prompt reply!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:09 am
Fixed it! Changed PHP to 5.2.2 from 5.3 and the menu reappeared! Why was that?

Also- there are several elements missing: the Play button in the photoslider, the arrows by the photoslider thumbnails, and the button GUI above the news flashes on the right side

(Please see attached screenshots for comparison)

Many thanks for your help!
Fresh Boarder