PLEASE UPDATE FOR 1.6!

Joomla template which allow you to present sport news in amazing and professional way.
GK User
Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:09 pm
Hi,

I heard the bad news that ICKI is unsupported from now on. Really disappointing after they promised to release it in Joomla 1.7 too. I had contact about it with a moderator and I understand it was not his decision, but it's poor communication of the developers.

Because of the delay I was already started updating ICKI to 1.7 by myself. You can see at http://joomla17.boerenmacht.nl how far I am. The moderator which I have contact with, helps me further when I'm stuck with something, so that's nice.

I hope I'm able to finish the 1.7 version this year. If someone is interested in the updated files when I'm done, contact me and I'll send it to you!

Greetz.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:26 pm
Sorry, but that's just pathetic!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:12 pm
It could be some kind of mistake, I was waiting months for this update so please don't tell me that's not supported. :(
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:52 am
KoenT wrote:Hi,

I heard the bad news that ICKI is unsupported from now on. Really disappointing after they promised to release it in Joomla 1.7 too. I had contact about it with a moderator and I understand it was not his decision, but it's poor communication of the developers.

Because of the delay I was already started updating ICKI to 1.7 by myself. You can see at http://joomla17.boerenmacht.nl how far I am. The moderator which I have contact with, helps me further when I'm stuck with something, so that's nice.

I hope I'm able to finish the 1.7 version this year. If someone is interested in the updated files when I'm done, contact me and I'll send it to you!

Greetz.

Hi KoenT,

Glad to hear you are working on updating ICKI sports. How far have you gone? Do you think you can share what you've done so far with me?

Thank you.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:29 pm
sveltosss wrote:Hi KoenT,

Glad to hear you are working on updating ICKI sports. How far have you gone? Do you think you can share what you've done so far with me?

Thank you.

Hi,

The biggest problem is implementing the new (1.7) extentions into the 1.5-built template. Some works, some won't. Also giving the GK4 extentions the 'old' look is a lot of work. So we decided to wait for Joomla 1.8 (in January), because that's a long-support version (like 1,5 year). Otherwise the work isn't worth it, because 1.7 will be unsupported around April already.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:01 pm
Hi

It's greately possible that template version for 1.7 will be working under 1.8 also. Anyway I got a client for this job also. If He decides to make it sooner than 1.8 release than maby I'll be in help also.