How to Update the Template

Joomla template which allow you to present sport news in amazing and professional way.
GK User
Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:07 am
Hello,

I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me, I have ICKI Sports 1.0 installed for a client of mine but I want to update to the ICKI Sports 2.0 to fix all the problems with it.

Im new at this and don't want to loose any of my design and so on by updating it the wrong way.

I presume I just go to admin and intall the new template but not sure if that would overide all my work.

Could you please help. Thank YOu
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:27 pm
Hi

Please start from making a backup. Than overwrite all files from 2.0 template. Finaly at the end try to overwrite it with files You did made changes to. But I'm affraid that You may need to fix some of the files Yourself due tu the fact that both: update and Your changes includes css :(

I would not recomend updating it on customized pages.

Maby the idea of second template is better in this case.

GK User
Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:57 pm
Hallo,
I have a same problem. My customer has 1.0 version. I have to upgrade to 2.0 version because suckerfish menu. My customer has a problem in IE7 (wrong view, I can't see all submenu). Can you tell me what file I have to rewrite? I did changes on template version 1.0 and I can't rewrite all template. I want to resolve menu problem only. Is it possible? Thank you.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:15 pm
Hi

It will be harder but not impossible. I can advice the same. Make a background and overwritte the file after file. In the end try copy all Your custom work.