Problems after upgrade Virtuemart from 1.1.2 to 1.1.5 for eshop

Create unique look and build successful ecommerce website with eShop Joomla template.
GK User
Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:33 pm
Hi,

After upgrade Virtuemart from 1.1.2 to 1.1.5, the eshop template do not show the Add Button in all Virtuemart Modules (Random Products, Latest Productos, etc).

Here is the webpage: http://www.proton5.com/demo/tv/gk_eshop/

The problem is independent on the web browser (IE8, Google Chrome 6.0.472.63, Safari 5.0.2, Firefox 3.6.8)

The site is using joomla 1.5.20.

I attached two screenshot where you can see the problem.

You can access to the backend using user=admin and password=demo.

Could you help me quickly? (The site is for a project that I must finish this week).

Thanks in advanced,

Best Regards,

Daniel H.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:04 pm
Hi

I'm sending this to our programmer.

GK User
Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:29 pm
Hi teitbite,

I forgot to mention that first I made the joomla upgrade from 1.5.9 to 1.5.20, and after that, the template worked very well.

Then, I made the upgrade for virtuemart and the problem show up after finish this last upgrade.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:49 pm
I have the same problem, 3 months and 1 week ago I asked for support, and because there' s still no answer,
http://www.gavick.com/forum/48-eshopcom ... range.html
I've decided that this is ".... deals with customization" part, which, apparently, it isn't. I would like to add, that after 16 days my subscription expires and it would take some sort of miracle for me to renovate it again. I'm very disappointed, especially after when I realised what real support means.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:02 pm
Hi titbite,

I have to say that I do not have complains with gavick's support until now,
and I expect this will be not the first time.

I expect my problem does resolve in a reasonable time, not like anranglov.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:18 pm
Maybe it's personal...:)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:56 pm
Hi Teitbite,

I talked yesterday with my client, and he accepted use eshop template for develop his site.

A question:

How much time do you think need the programmer to fix the problem reported?.

The question is because I told him that I thought in less than one month I will receive a answer from you.

Is it possible?.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:30 pm
Hi

I'm very sorry for late responses and occasionaly unsolved quiestions, but there's basicly too many questions and sometimes something misses me.

I'm reporting this problem to our programmer. He is creating updated for sites every monday so than this should be fixed. Please use older version of VM till then.

GK User
Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:23 pm
Hi Teitbite,

Where I could find the update for eshop? At the section http://www.gavick.com/updates.html?

And, when? Next monday, I mean, next October 11th?

Many thanks in advanced for your answer!.

Best Regards!

Daniel H.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:16 am
Hi

If our programmer will be able to make it You'll find it on monday evening at updates area.

GK User
Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:01 pm
Hi Teitbite,

I have been following the updates in the update section, and I do not see the updating file for eshop.

Today he has publicated a lot of updates but not the eshop update.

Could you ask to the programmer if he will publicate the eshop updating for today?.

Thanks in advanced,

Regards,

Daniel H.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:18 pm
Hi Teitbite,

Any answer from the programmer about the update?

Best Regards,

Daniel H.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:32 pm
Hi

Sorry. I do not see any update for eShop. I'm affraid that this template will be upgraded right after the rewrite to T3 framework, but let's wait for a while.

GK User
Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:03 am
...and do you think the upgrade could be ready before than a month?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:28 pm
Hi

I do not know the schedule. If the first thing is to upgrade it to T3 than it may not be ready that quickly ;/

GK User
Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:56 pm
Hi Teitbite,

Could you ask to the programmer for an aproximate schedule about T3 Framework and eshop update?

Regards,

Daniel H.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:33 pm
Hi

I've send the question.

teitbite
Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:55 pm
Hi

I got a news. Right not the T3 framework version is made for ICKY Sport and Hit MUsic and also Quay. Next in line are The World News and eShop. So it would take some time :(

GK User
Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:00 pm
teitbite wrote:
Hi

....Next in line are The World News and eShop. So it would take some time :(

And until then, a new update for VM will come up to screw everything... and so on. :)

Meanwhile replying to the fellow that first asked, I've updated VM 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 with almost no extra work and no major problems as far I can tell. (BACK UP, BACK UP, BACK UP). I run eShop.com-J1.5.20-VM 1.1.4+a couple of customizations I've found on VM forums. (I said without major problems, 'cos with VM if you have no problems at all, then check your system to see if you're running some other e-commerce engine without you know about it) :laugh:

As a developer but not a web developer (I do Joomla for own use and friends), what I could find out is that after diff-ing the update of myStore with VM 1.1.5 support against myStore with VM 1.1.4 there's only one file that needs major changes. The rest of the changes can be figured out and be fixed relatively easy [even I figured that out]. The same applies to eShop.com from what I can recall when I tried to update to VM 1.1.5.

That said and leaving the T3 framework upgrade on schedule but just fixing the VM flypage sh.t, for real first class web developers and web geeks like the Gavick Team [slurp, slurp] it would not take more than a few hours to one day. That could be a nice surprise/gift from GavickPro Team to its customers. ;)

Any way, as you (Gavick Company) have the last word and set the priorities, which is reasonable and I understand very well, there's nothing for us to do other than hope for the best ... and keep trying.

Y.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:34 pm
Hi macyannis:

Thanks for your recommendation. I will try step by step the virtuemart´s upgrade: first from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3, and then from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4, and finally from 1.1.4 to 1.1.5 (backup, backup and backup).

I will let you know if this procedure works.

Regards,

Daniel H.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:11 pm
proton5 wrote:
Hi macyannis:

Thanks for your recommendation. I will try step by step the virtuemart´s upgrade: first from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3, and then from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4, and finally from 1.1.4 to 1.1.5 (backup, backup and backup).

Daniel

I didn't mention update to VM 1.1.5 but just until VM 1.1.4. For me updating from VM 1.1.4 to VM 1.1.5 on eShop.com template lead to disaster.

If you're a skilled web developer though and can manage a VM 1.1.5 update on eShop.com template before G. Teams official update and want to share with us how you've managed that, we'd appreciate a lot.

Good Luck
Yannis
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:03 pm
Hi

we've made our upgrade from 1.1.4 to 1.1.5 without real problems.

What was your disaster kind of ?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:57 pm
@marclagnez

Hi marclagnez

Disaster was a little 'too heavy' to say and probably not the right word for the problem the update caused. On the other hand the 'without real problems' you said can mean different kind of difficulty level to different people. For me updating from 1.1.4 to 1.1.5 was far away more time consuming and pesky than updating from 1.1.2-->1.1.3-->1.1.4. And of course I returned to the 1.1.4 backup.

Anyway, my apologies if I 'terrified' anyone not to upgrade. :)

Y.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:33 pm
Hi

I got an answer from our programmer:

Code: Select all
Problem will be solved when the template will be finally recoded to T3 version