GK Extra Module Position Menu Item

October 08 Joomla Templates
GK User
Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:42 am
One of the eye-catching features of New II is the GK Module Position Menu item as shown below:
new-1.jpg

But when I tried to use and apply them in my website, I found it hard to configure. It appears that in two different items, there’s only one content appearing. Could you please give me step-by-step instruction to use this feature? I really love this to be integrated with our website.

Another is I thing a minor thing, as shown in the figure below, I would like to adjust the height of the picture so that will comply to the proportion usually I’m using in our site:
new-2.jpg

Thanks and more power!!!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:12 pm
We've notice this problems few months ago and fixed this so your probably don't have updated template version. To fix this your need to overwrite all menu classes. Latest template version you can find in our download section.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:19 pm
So i have to. But the problem is when i visited download page of News II, the only available version there is for Joomla! 2.5 only. I'm now fixing our website offline using Joomla! 1.7. Do i have any problem if the database, css overrides and contents in version 1.7 be transferred to v.2.5?

If ever i need only to overwrite menu classes? what file i need to overwrite? please help...
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:32 pm
Template is in one version for Joomla 1.7/2.5 and of course it is advised to updated Joomla and template to latest version. Update process shouldn't create any problems since Joomla got auto update module but of course you should prepare backup copy before.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:12 am
i already have installed the quickstart packages of NewsII for Joomla! 2.5, but unfortunately found the same result as of the former. i really have failed to locate and control this feature to be populated by the desire articles i want to place therein...

have you tried them already. if so, kindly help....
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:12 pm
Please send me ftp details I'll change it directly in your installation.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:32 am
as soon as i shall upload them online
Junior Boarder