Delayed edit/update result

October 08 Joomla Templates
GK User
Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:41 am
I noticed some irregularities working here at News II, especially with the GK Menu. When I posted, deleted or configured menu items at the Main Menu, it won't immediately delivers result at the frontend when latter is refreshed. I'm using Mozilla Firefox. Is this issue related with the browser, or was that the previous data are actively stored in any temp locations that are usually being retrieved first by the browser instead of the updated data from the database?

Kindly give some explanation. Please help.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:37 am
Hi

This can be related with cache, so try clear it before every change. Anyway I've seen cases when server was caching sites, so than some changes to server configuration are requested.

GK User
Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:02 am
thank you teitbite for your explanation. for now i'm still working offline changing our template from World News (Joomla! 1.5) to News II (Joomla! 1.7). I'm using WAMP for the maintime.

Do you have any idea where to work with "clearing the server cache" so that i can work smoothly just for the purpose of changing our template?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:50 am
well thanks again teitbite, i have already resolved the issue, of course with the insight you have given. clearing cached in WAMP is just possible through Joomla! 1.7 Clear Cache feature.

more power!!!
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:33 pm
Hi

Glad I could help. Try disable cache entirely during development time.