reCaptcha comments on mobile version

October 08 Joomla Templates
GK User
Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:05 am
Hello.
Maybe you know, why there is no reCaptcha box with words for K2 articles on mobile version of this template :blink: ? I use J2.5.2 with the newest version of template as well K2.
I've registered on your demo site, but on mobile version there is no option to view K2 content and post comment for it of course.
Any ideas?
Regards. Paul
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:16 am
Hi

That's odd. I've just tried on my copy of TWN and have no problem with K2 and it's full functionality. Can You please send me an access to Your site to check what could be wrong ?

teitbite
Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:55 am
Hi

I got an access. Can You please tell me if I can change regular template layout to mobile for tests ? If Yes please tell me when I can do this to not disturb anyone. I'm working at night so any time will be ok.

GK User
Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:17 am
Hi.
You can do this anytime. Just switch back to NEWSII when you will finish - then I will know that I can do my work on it.
Thank you for your input.
Regards. Paul
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:46 am
Hi

I had to send this to programmers. Lets wait what they'll say.

GK User
Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:47 am
Aloha amigo.
I will w8, no problem.
Maybe this is relevant to reCaptcha bundled with Joomla?
Just for test I've disabled this feature, but it didn't change anything.
On your demo site on k2 articles there is no option to leave comments even if you are registered user.

The world will live without that, so this is rather optional challenge ;).
Regards. Paul
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:19 am
Hi

Fix will be released in upcoming update. Meanwhile You can try do this manualy:

To fix this problem user have to change in files (directory: layouts/blocks/mobile/)
head.iphone.php, head.handheld.php and head.android.php change fragment:

Code: Select all
GKParser::$customRules['/<script type="text\/javascript">(.*?)<\/script>/mis'] = '';
GKParser::$customRules['/<script type="text\/javascript" src="(.*?)media\/system\/js(.*?)"><\/script>/mi'] = '';

to:

Code: Select all
$k2option = JRequest::getCmd('option');

if($k2option != 'com_k2') {
    GKParser::$customRules['/<script type="text\/javascript">(.*?)<\/script>/mis'] = '';
    GKParser::$customRules['/<script type="text\/javascript" src="(.*?)media\/system\/js(.*?)"><\/script>/mi'] = '';
}

GK User
Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:25 pm
Hello.
Thank you for this TIP.
Now it works on mobiles.

Is there any reCaptcha best practise?

If I enable it on jomSocial and there is your recaptcha plugin turned on, I receive error.

Is there any solution to have reCaptcha on jomSocial with your register module turned on and your reCaptcha plugin?

Now if I have both plugins enabled and go to some jomSocial subpage there is error.

Maybe I should assign new topic for it?
Regards. Paul
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:49 pm
Hi

In the matter of fact there is a topic about that already on the forum. Unfortunately it is a google issue which is not allowed to use reCaptcha twice on the same page. Our programmers are working on a way to hide our register while there is reCaptcha already comming from a different extenton.