Background image change

October 08 Joomla Templates
GK User
Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:08 pm
Hi,

inside the template configuration interface I have changed the background image via css overwrite.

BUT the background image is only present on my frontpage. When I click on a module item to be displayed the background image disappears.

Only the frontpage has my specified one.

Override CSS code :

/* Basic elements */
html { background: #d9d9d9 url('../jupgrade/images/images/weihnachts-wallpaper.jpg') no-repeat center top; }

uhecht
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:37 pm
Hi,

Can you give me the two links to see the difference?

Thanks
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:28 pm
Hi,

problem solved by varifying bg2.jpg via CSS override mode.

Still not really satisfied with my work. Background image-whatever it is- shines through modules' gaps on frontpage. Would be better to have a single table container that covers all modules inside with a specified colored background.

And the different season backgrounds ( I plan to do it) wouldn't disturb modules.
Maybe you have got an idea how to manage it.

Thanx for responding.
uhecht
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:56 am
Yes, I would some advice for you however I need to take a look on that first, if you have your site live, please give me the link then I can see the issue more easily. Thanks!
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:30 pm
Hi Don,

my Joomla 1.7.3 site is available at http://www.rs-meinersen.de/jupgrade

Comment:
1. Set the background back to default without any background pictures
2. Template layout (just module covering) Music would be fine.

There I have got a single white background and all other background images flow around it.

Many thanks for responding.

Cheers,

uhecht
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:30 am
uhecht wrote:Hi,

problem solved by varifying bg2.jpg via CSS override mode.

Still not really satisfied with my work. Background image-whatever it is- shines through modules' gaps on frontpage. Would be better to have a single table container that covers all modules inside with a specified colored background.

And the different season backgrounds ( I plan to do it) wouldn't disturb modules.
Maybe you have got an idea how to manage it.

Thanx for responding.
uhecht

Thank you for giving me the link. I just took a look on the homepage but didn't see the issue nor I do not understand what you have explained. So, can you please take a screenshot with annotations to help me see it?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:18 pm
Hi Don,

screenshot attached. My aim is to give an unicolor background behind all modules-just like a table cell with a small spacing around the gathered modules.

If I want to set up an different background image than the default one, it should not disturb my modules.
I hope you can follow my ideas.

Thanks!
Best regards,

uhecht
http://www.rs-meinersen.de/jupgrade
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:34 am
Hi,

Is it ok? http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/654/7823788496.jpg

The code to add:
Code: Select all
body{
border: 20px solid Silver;
}

File: /jupgrade/templates/gk_twn2/css/style1.css
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:33 pm
Hi Don,
it is a step forward but not what I am planning to do.

The border should be directly around the module positions, so that I can set a different background image instead of the default one.

Your idea is a silver-colored single frame.

There is another screenshot attached based on Template Music. This is what I am trying to do.

Thanks
uhecht
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:11 pm
So I'm afraid that I can't support you more it would require much customization to the template :( I'm sorry.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:43 pm
Hi Don,

never mind. Thank you very much for your ideas and help.

uhecht
Junior Boarder