REQUEST: Job Portal Template from GavickPro

Support help forum dedicated to free and commerical templates for Joomla 3 and 2.5 version.
GK User
Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:26 am
I love the collections of templates you have here and you guys are one of my favourite template creators for Joomla. However, I do miss that your template collections doesnt cover for sites that needs a Job Portal. I would love to see a Job Portal template for Joomla adapted over one of the Job Portal Components. That will be perfect!!

Do you have any ideas on releasing such Job Portal templates for Joomla?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:40 am
Currently no, but we collect all kind of ideas to consider in the future... So thanks for the commitment.

GK User
Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:58 am
Thank you Cyberek for considering. I have been searching for hours on this I am surprised to see no one in Joomla has a good template integrated with one of the Job Portal components. On the other hand Wordpress has so many good ones like Jobify, Jobera, etc.. but with Joomla it seems the opposite. Very surprised to see this indeed and I am thinking if my only option is to move over to Wordpress if I want to set-up a quick job portal website. Thats why I asked you guys here since you are a well established Joomla template developer and you already have templates covering all other areas so far.

Hoping you guys consider creating a template for jobs site although I am not sure which Joomla component you might choose to integrate with for this one. Fingers crossed!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:32 pm
What exactly your "dream" job portal basing on Joomla should support (basic functionalities)?

GK User
Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:35 am
Hi Cyberek,

I am looking something just like Jobify for WP which basically adapts WP Job Manager Plugin. What I am really after is the basic functionalities like the ability for employers to post job vacancies, candidates to submit resumes, nice home page with a preview of resumes, recent jobs, map previews, job alerts, ability to search for jobs based on location, categories, etc.. For instance, the Jobify theme in wordpress does improve the scope of the Job Manager Plugin features. In Joomla, I like the JS Jobs since it does have these features in that component. However, when it comes to templates (or themes), they are pretty ugly out of the box unless I spend my time creating my own template for it which is time consuming. While searching the Joomla template database, there arent any template developers who have created a special templates adapted to one of these Job components.

I can infact go with Jobify from Wordpress for my project since I also find the Job Manager Plugin does it better than the Joomla's Job extensions I have seen so far. But the reason I was preferring to use Joomla if possible is mainly because my main parent site is on Joomla and it makes the inter-site integration easier. But, as of now, it appears Wordpress + Job Manager Plugin and its themes (like Jobify or Jobera) has more selections when compared to Joomla Templates + Job Portal Components.

These are what I've gathered so far during my search since past week. :)

Cheers,
Neel.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:30 pm
Ok, thanks for detailed info. I'll provide it "up the ladder" ;).

GK User
Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:32 pm
Sure.. do let me know if you guys do consider it whenever you get a chance to work it out. :)
Senior Boarder