Some CSS Files Come After Override.css

Support help forum dedicated to free and commerical templates for Joomla 3 and 2.5 version.
GK User
Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:09 pm
I'm using Storefront, but I assume this applies to other templates, too. Some of the css files (such as tablet.css and mobile.css), as well as some css files from plugins, come after the override.css file, which means I have to use !important in my css rules far too often.

Shouldn't the override.css come later on, like right before the </head>?

Thanks,
Phil
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:44 pm
Hi,
I know this is not perfect, but but as it was done .
the only way is to customize template php file and move
<link rel="stylesheet" href="templates/gk_storefront/css/override.css" type="text/css" />
lower at the end.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:51 pm
Hmm, that means I can no longer update your template without overriding my code. Pretty inconvenient. Anyway, I guess that's what I have to do because you use !important in your responsive css files, so I have no other way to override them.

For anyone who wants to do this, since Oscar's answer was a nice hint, but not particularly helpful, what I had to do (for the Storefront template at least) was edit /templates/gk_storefront/layouts/blocks/head.php and comment out this code:

Code: Select all
if($this->API->get("css_override", '0')) {
   $this->API->addCSS($this->API->URLtemplate() . '/css/override.css');
}

and then find this:

// add responsive stylesheets
$this->generateLayout();

and right below it add this:

echo '<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://www.YOUR-DOMAIN.com/templates/gk_storefront/css/override.css" type="text/css" />';
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:36 pm
I will inform about this our developer, who knows maybe one-day he will implement this. Thanks anyway.
Platinum Boarder