How to find out language code?

Support help forum dedicated to free and commerical templates for Joomla 3 and 2.5 version.
GK User
Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:48 pm
Hi,
from time to time I see missing or wrong translations on my Joomla sites. Besides the searching in the language ini file for the translation, is there a way to find out the translation string from the front end? Any Firefox or Chrome plugin to show me that some certain field is drawing info from COM_CONFIG_FIELD_METADESC_DESC?

Thanks,
Gorast
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:05 pm
Hi,
In most cases I uses Language Override feature and its search option which may help you also.

I remember that for Joomla 2.5 was tool a plugin, what was his name... Translate Helper (author allForJoomla.ru) - maybe it works for j3.x too check.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:52 pm
Hey Oscar,
I just tried Translate Helper and its not working very polite with Gavick template. The K2 and some modules are not able to translate. But that is not the problem, I only need a way/tool to find out COM_CONFIG_FIELD_METADESC_DESC (for example) and then translate it using the Override feature. Searching within php files can do the thing, but its a long process and chances to get lost in the files is pretty big.

Thanks,
Gorast
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:34 pm
What is funny string what you mention I have found here: administrator\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_config.ini
and language\en-GB\en-GB.com_config.ini
it means - search better, template is not a problem !
Platinum Boarder