Meet Gavern Vs Comercial Templates

Support help forum dedicated to free and commerical templates for Joomla 3 and 2.5 version.
GK User
Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:41 pm
Hi guys,

I have always been curious about the template Meet Gavern, i always looked at it as a blank canvas, but on the other hand i was always suspicious that it could not come with all the neet features of gavern framework..

So my question is.. what is the difference between meet gavern and any other commercial template?
Meet Gavern last update is from late 2013, when was the last update of Gavern Framework?
I installed Meet Gavern, the first thing i noticed is that with Meet Gavern it seems you have more control over the Responsive features... (judging by how the admin panel present the layout options).
Is Meet Gavern based on Bootstrap 2.3?... are the commercial based on Bootstrap 3.2? ...

...and so.. on.

Best Regards,
Paulo
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:29 am
Hi,
1) This project was stopped, and in near future as you might saw will not be updated. I know there are more elastic frameworks from others developers, but ... GK have different politics right now.
2) You can use this "blank" template in your commercial and private projects, right now. But for your own responsibility, if you not sure ...do not.
3) About Boostrap please read: https://www.gavick.com/blog/mixing-joom ... good-idea/
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:55 am
I know there are more elastic frameworks from others developers, but ... GK have different politics right now.

What you mean by this?
more elastic frameworks?
GK have different politics?

TO me it seems like you are saying GK doesnt want to promote their framework but only use it for GK templates.
While other Joomla Frameworks developers try to promote their frameworks alongside their templates.

Is that it?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:20 am
What you mean by this? ...GK have different politics?

What you can read between the lines/ GK currently is focused on templates more than new framework.
Maybe it will be changed in future... but when, I can not say.
more elastic frameworks?

There are few others which have better Layout Builder build-in, it means that you can add/move/resize module positions from template/framework back-end, without touching a line of code. If you want a examples read chapter from: https://www.packtpub.com/web-developmen ... essentials
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:01 pm
Oscar E wrote:
What you mean by this? ...GK have different politics?

What you can read between the lines/ GK currently is focused on templates more than new framework.
Maybe it will be changed in future... but when, I can not say.
more elastic frameworks?

There are few others which have better Layout Builder build-in, it means that you can add/move/resize module positions from template/framework back-end, without touching a line of code. If you want a examples read chapter from: https://www.packtpub.com/web-developmen ... essentials

I was not that far off then :P
Although it is a pitty because i feel at home here and was planning to use gk framework when i start creating themes for a free market that is going up. (Yes doing them for free).
I felt it was a good opportunity to learn (while doing) and promote a company i like (as in Gavick). :(
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:51 pm
If I want remain loyal to GK I can not advise anything else, but as a member of the Joomla community, for free projects I suggest you to check other frameworks.
Platinum Boarder