Unable to see the templates in the template manager

Support help forum dedicated to free and commerical templates for Joomla 3 and 2.5 version.
GK User
Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:28 pm
Hi,

I use J3.3.
I installed 2 templates (education and msocial) (quickstart).
The download and installation seemed to be ok (no warning).
I verified via ftp and the files are present in the template file.

However, in the extensions menu (backend) / templates management, I can only see the preinstalled joomla templates (beez 3 and protostar) but I cant see the templates I installed (education, ...) so obviously, I cant choose one of them as the default template.

Did anyone ever hear about this issue?

Thank you in advance,

Arnaud
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:42 am
quickstart is not a template which you upload via extension manager. It is entire Joomla installation package. If you need to install only template - use normal file instead.

GK User
Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:22 pm
Thanks.
So what is the process ton install quickstart?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:53 pm
Download file, unzip locally, upload to server, access server via http (link to your domain), install quickstart providing access data to a database.
If this doesn't help, please search for any Joomla installation tutorial.

GK User
Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:31 pm
Thanks,

Sure I know how to install Joomla, but I did not get the template should be installed this way.
It works, thank you.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:54 am
We provide quickstart for users who doesn't want to setup everything on their own. We include inside our modules, custom content, template setup, module setup etc.
You can always install template using standard joomla template installation process, just don't use quickstart package then.