STEAK HOUSE HEADER IMAGE

Support help forum dedicated to free and commerical templates for Joomla 3 and 2.5 version.
GK User
Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:57 am
I can't seem to find the place to change the header image. I followed all the setup to get started (before I start making changes) but I get nothing in that spot. http://menu-muse.com/. Help!

Thanks!

Katrina
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:03 am
Hello,

The header image is defined in the css/template.css file:

Code: Select all
.frontpage #gkHeader {
   background: url('../images/header_bg.jpg') no-repeat center top;
   background-attachment: fixed;
}

but your homepage has no frontpage suffix - I guess due fact that you want to have a fixed menu at the top. In this case please add your own suffix in example my-frontpage to your homepage in the template settings under the Features tab and please use the following code:

Code: Select all
.my-frontpage #gkHeader {
   background: url('YOUR_HEADER_IMAGE_PATH') no-repeat center top;
   background-attachment: fixed;
}
Administrator

GK User
Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:04 pm
I've tried putting in the frontpage suffix but it didn't seem to do anything. I put it in again. I'd love it if the menu did not stay in place. I don't know how to make that front page suffix work apparently.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:06 pm
For that matter I can't get the fix above to work either. I put in the suffix you suggested and then put in the code under advanced settings- still nothing.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:45 am
Are you sure that you have put the "my-frontpage" suffix for your homepage under the template settings? I don't see it in the body tag. Please check if you have assigned the suffix to the proper menu item ID.
Administrator

GK User
Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:57 pm
Yep, both. And I tried the regular frontpage too. I have screenshots of it if you had a place to show them to you.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:50 am
Please attach a screenshot of the settings and please also attach a frontpage menu item ID (or screenshot from the main menu manager).
Administrator

GK User
Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:54 pm
Here's what I've written in.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:11 am
You set the page suffixes option wrongly - you should set option "ItemID / Option" and "Suffix" and then click "Add rule" - you didn't set the first option so the template doesn't know where apply the suffix.
Administrator

GK User
Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:57 pm
ok so I'm feeling really dumb right now. In the example I believe it said to make the "ItemID /Option": "640" and the "Suffix": "Frontpage" I've tried that and I get nothing. So now I've tried various combinations

Option - com_k2-com_k2
Option - my-frontpage
Option header - frontpage
Option header - my-frontpage
ItemID 640 - frontpage
ItemID 640 my-frontpage

What exact things should I be putting in? confused...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:33 am
But are you sure that your homepage menu item has ID 640?
Administrator

GK User
Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:02 pm
Specifically where should I be putting this? at this point I'm trying it out in every conceivable option without results. I looked all through the documentation and don't see anything about setting up the menu and header area with the 640 front page info except on the template area.- am I missing that somewhere? When i select the header menu item I don't see anything with id. Just class and when I put it in there I get nothing.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:51 am
You can check the menu item ID under the menu manager - there are visible all menu items and ID is the last column on the listing.
Administrator

GK User
Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:53 pm
Thank you! I kept looking in the modules for the 640 because it was listed that way on the setup instructions. I didn't realize the id was outside it and would be different.
Fresh Boarder