Install error of any template

Support help forum dedicated to free and commerical templates for Joomla 3 and 2.5 version.
GK User
Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:17 am
Hello,
I downloaded the template esport and want to install it. After installing I do not get the informations that it was installed, wether it was not under templates to find and no messages or any error were shown. Last days I tried it with the free magazine template and it was the same. What is the error and happend? All other templates of other developer could be installed with no problem.

thanks and best regards.
Achim
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:26 am
Quickstart od normal Tempalte?

GK User
Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:45 am
Hello Cyberek,

I mean the quickstart, what are the requirement for it?

Achim
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:12 pm
Hi together,
I downloaded the normal version and the rest files, installing the normal was ok, but the restfile could not installed, the error is: JInstaller: :Install: Die XML-Installationsdatei konnte nicht gefunden werden.

regards
Achim
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:54 pm
Quickstart is a normal Joomla installation which also has includes demo content and modules/component settings.
Standard template - is a standard template that can be installed via Joomla extensions manager.
Rest Files package is a zip that needs to be unzipped locally - it contains PSD's of the design, some additional plugins etc.

GK User
Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:00 pm
Hi,

thanks so lot for your explanations. The rest should I transfer via FTP into the templatefile, that´s ok?

The modulpostions is according to the documentation "Mainmenu" but after the templateinstallation I found the positions menu1 til menu10 only, not the pos. mainmenu

best regards
Achim
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:05 pm
Sorry, could you be more specific?
If you are starting with fresh installation - use quickstart.

GK User
Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:49 am
Hello Cyberek,

I cannot install the quickstart, that is my problem. I get no informations no error no warning why it could not be installed.
Then I tried to install the standard (normal) version and it could be installed.
Now I have create the mainmenu with submenus and set the modulposition to menu1. But I cannot see it. I think that is not ok. In the manual was the position for mainmenu called mainmenu. But in the template I do not have the position mainmenu only the positions menu1 up to menu10. therefore I set the menu1-position. Nothing was shown.

What about the template restfiles. Should I transfer it via FTP into the template file in the tmp-file and after this I have to install it with "installing from directory", I do not know this because I never did it before.

thanks and best regards
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:14 pm
At which step does the quickstart stop? J2.x or J3.x?

GK User
Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:46 pm
at joomla 3.3,
- I did install manager, starting installing and after a few seconds it went back to the manager with no informations, no error, I think does not happen something
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:46 pm
Hi Cyberek,
me again. What should I do with the rest files, Modules, plugins, source. Should I transfer it via FTP to the server but in which directories. Should I copy the complete files or only the data contents of these files to the same file on the server?
thanks and regards
Achim
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:57 pm
It looks like you lack of basic Joomla knowledge. Going with quickstart is the easiest way possible.
J3.x installation has 3 steps - 1. you provide basic configuration (site name, superuser), 2. database info, 3. Overview, 4. Installation itself.
If you have problem with last step and installation reverts you to 3rd step, please check this thread:
https://www.gavick.com/forums/rockwall- ... 34#p128334

The problem is well known and is connected with wrong hosting configuration.

GK User
Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:38 am
Hi Cyberek,

thanks, that is not my first installation, wether Joomla nor a template. Up to now I have had no problems with installations.

As I found out that this problem could be a part of server or Joomla 3.3 configurations. How must be the configurations for the quickstart. I use PHP 5.5 stable, do you need some more infos? Or could you tell me how the configuration has to be.

thanks and best regards
achim
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:56 am
Have you checked the thread I have provided? There is a link to image showing where to check if server mets Joomla requirements.

GK User
Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:57 am
Hi Cyberek,
thanks for the link, but the links do not function inside this article. the .jpg could not be found. Also the other link too.

Achim
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:59 pm
Hi,

I found that the quickstart is incl. the compl. Joomla installation. I do not need it, my Joomla 3.3 is running since month.

Now I installed just only the normal version additionally the rest-files with the modules and plugins. and all is running.

What about the file "source" with the psd-files. In which directory should I copy this (or just only the psd-files to which).

sorry, I am a little bit busy at my normal work and could not think :(

thanks and best regards
Achim
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:02 pm
PSD are Photoshop documents with graphic design of the template. You don't need to do anything with them if you don't know what they are.