W3C errors with Gavick - Joomla 3 templates

Support help forum dedicated to free and commerical templates for Joomla 3 and 2.5 version.
GK User
Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:50 am
Hello!

I have checked my sites with the W3C validator at http://validator.w3.org/ and I found errors at all Joomla articles like this:

- Element p not allowed as child of element span in this context. (Suppressing further errors from this subtree.)
- Element div not allowed as child of element span in this context. (Suppressing further errors from this subtree.)
- Element h2 not allowed as child of element span in this context. (Suppressing further errors from this subtree.)

I have found that this errors appear in case of the new schema.org implementation. I deleted the following string at templates/mygavicktemplate/html/com_content/article/default.php:

Code: Select all
<span itemprop="articleBody">
      <?php echo $this->item->text; ?>
   </span>

The errors disappear after deleting this string.

I also found errors with the social media links in the template:

- Element g:plusone not allowed as child of element div in this context. (Suppressing further errors from this subtree.)
- Element fb:like not allowed as child of element div in this context. (Suppressing further errors from this subtree.)

First I thought this errors just appear at my previous webproject, but I have found out, that this errors appears with every Gavick Joomla 3 template.

Is there a way to fix this errors?

Please help!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:36 am
This is problem with default Joomla implementation of microdata - they added span's to article text to add metadata info and we don't have different way to implement it. Please look at Prostar default article HTML code - it will be the same. You can try to replace the <span> to <p> element in this code.
Platinum Boarder