gk_storefront in multilanguage

Support help forum dedicated to free and commerical templates for Joomla 3 and 2.5 version.
GK User
Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:55 pm
Good evening, I'm having problem with your storefront template because i'm making a multilanguage site and i cant make more than one menu! how i can solve this big problem. thank you a lot.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:14 pm
Hello,

You can duplicate the template assign it to other menu items and set the other language menus as a main menu in other instances.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:41 pm
Hello dziudek

I have the same problem.

Is there an other way to do that? Because I don't understand what I have to do?!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:15 pm
@spiritwalker - other way is creating menu items with few languages in the main menu - these menu items will be displayed according to the current language.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:44 am
Hello dziudek

What do you mean exactly? I don't understand what you want to explain me.
I made for all 3 languages a menu but only the first language (in this case "german" will be displayed). French an English will not be displayed. What can I do to use this template multilingual?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:21 am
Please try to follow this tutorial: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/un ... oomla-1-7/
Administrator

GK User
Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:07 pm
Hi dziudek

I already did that, but it won't work (I guess it has something to do with the special menu structure used in the gk_storefront template (the template uses the position: nav). What can I do to use it with this position?

Here the url of my testsite: http://sunray.notebookmobil.ch The menu works with german language (DE) but if you click on EN or FR, the menu will not be displayed (only the german menu will disapear)?!

Can you help with this issue?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:40 pm
Please try to move your german and english menu items to the displayed properly menu.
Administrator

GK User
Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:43 am
I don't understand what you mean with that? I have for every language a menu. And for every language its own content.

Or do you mean that I have to move every menu Item to the german menu (the one which is shown properly)? So that I have just one menu with all menu items and languages!

The working menu will have ALL menuitems for every language (for example ) :
- Home german (the menu item assigned to the german language)
- Home french (the menu item assigned to the french language)
- Home english (the menu item assigned to the english language)

- About us german ...
- About us french ...
- About us english ...

and so on....

Is it that what you mean?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:40 pm
Hi dziudek

Now I tried what you have recommended to me (I moved the menuitems all together to one menu).
And it worked. Thanks for your help and patience.

Maybe that would be a good idea to write such things into the tutorial of this template. That might help other people with the same problem.

Best regards
Andy
Junior Boarder