Meet Gavern - Can't Make Template Changes

Support help forum dedicated to free and commerical templates for Joomla 3 and 2.5 version.
GK User
Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:40 am
Hello,
I have installed Meet Gavern onto this website: www.creativedev2.co.za/Londisizwe
For some reason it is not allowing me to make any template changes ie colours, margins etc. in any of the css files.
I make the change, save the file and upload the files with FileZilla, but none of the changes take effect, and when I view the file on the server, it has reverted back to the original file, and no changes are saved.

I have tried on different internet connections, and different computers. Nothing is working.
I have even changed file permissions to 777, but even that doesn't work.

This URL is a development server, and I am not having problems with any of my other sites. So I can only assume that this is a problem with this template?
I am happy to provide you with details required in order to check the site out.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:00 am
I've gone ahead and chosen another template.
But if there is a restriction on making changes to the Meet Gavern template, please let me know.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:30 am
Hi

This looks like a cache problem. Please make sure any cache of compressions settings are disabled in template settings. I've seen such problems with server cache enabled, but than it would affect any site on this server.

GK User
Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:41 am
hi, i´ve got the same problem with the css-files. no changes after refreshing browser and clear cache :(
may you have a look please? i´ll send you a login.

thank you so much!
miri
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:37 pm
Hi

Sorry, but I have no problem adding or changing a code on Your website. For test I've added:

Code: Select all
body {
display:none
}

and site vanished as it supposed to. What changes are You trying to make ? Maybe You are using wrong file or the same element is overwritten by module or plugin.

GK User
Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:05 pm
Hi,
Just a thought. Have you enabled "Recompile CSS"? This will automatically replace all your CSS from the Less files. Make all your changes in Less which is far more convenient and then disable the recompile option once the CSS are generated and you are done.

Kind Regards
Pierre
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:37 pm
Hi

This was not a compiled css. I think it was just a browser cache which was not cleared.