Joomla or Wordpress? What do you guys think?

Support help forum dedicated to free and commerical templates for Joomla 3 and 2.5 version.
GK User
Tue May 06, 2014 11:46 am
Question to Gavick team,
there is always heat discussion over what CMS to use, WP or Joomla? What do you guys think on that matter from developer perspective?

Thanks,
Gorast
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue May 06, 2014 3:21 pm
I love WP just because if you do anything beyond html/css you can find great documentation to almost every available php function (even those not designed to work directly in themes), so creating custom solutions is so easy.

GK User
Tue May 06, 2014 3:22 pm
Also - you can quite easily customise backend so the end client has access to only desired functions - with control on every available admin menu element.

But... perhaps Joomla has the same ;)

Both CMS has great community support, in my opinion any other free CMS is way beyond in that matter.

GK User
Tue May 06, 2014 3:36 pm
There is no clear answer for this question because it all depends what kind of project you need to create. It is good to know both CMS's because then you can fit solution for your/project requirements. Saying than one platform is better that the second one is usually related with lack of knowledge in some areas. For small projects, blogs, single pages for sure WordPress is much user friendly but if you need to create big portal, with user roles, managing different content etc., probably Joomla is a better choice.

If someone say that Joomla is better or WordPress is the best it may be true but only for particular purpose. From developer point of view the approach in this platforms is different but by different I can't say better. Some things may be easier in WP, some in J! but there are no remarkable limits in any platform.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue May 06, 2014 3:50 pm
Huh... I always thought Joomla is batter in that way....
I gota learn WP batter... :D

Thanks,
Gorast
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu May 29, 2014 8:57 am
WP is rather to small projects. If you want to manage website with lot's of post in WP you might lost.
In Joomla! you have more features inbox without installing additional plugins, except comments of course.
Platinum Boarder