User page and login

Support help forum dedicated to free and commerical templates for Joomla 3 and 2.5 version.
GK User
Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:32 pm
Hi,
I'm using "Shop & Buy" on Joomla! 2.5.16 and, because I don't need an e-commerce, I've removed virtuemart.
If I login as a user, I get the user profile page, but I need that users go on a page where they can download some files.
Ok, no prob - I go in administration panel -> menu -> login menu and I enter a redirection page. So I get what I need.
But there are some problems:
1) in the page I get there is no logout button - I can find it if I click again on Login
2) when I'm logged, if I click on Register, I get the user profile page
What a mess!!!

I ask if it's a template problem (maybe beacuse I've removed virtuemart, but I don't think) or it's a joomla problem and how I can I solve it. I simply need that the users log in, find a page with file to download and can exit from the page. That's all.

Solutions? Ideas?

Thank you!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:19 am
Hello,

Which version of The template are you using?
Administrator

GK User
Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:18 pm
Hi there, finally I checked today while a test login following problem:

In the logout file the user gets offered the possibility to post articles and websites. first: why and why for unpublished categories and not the published categories? how I can change this into something completely else ? vm products, add a real estate, get affiliate, etc.?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:25 am
These links in the logged user area are generated by the "User menu" - you can change there these links to any other menu items.
Administrator

GK User
Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:56 pm
Thank you. Great!
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:06 pm
Hi there. The registration doesnt work on the site I built right now:

prepaid.tele-entertainment.com

Can you please check?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:26 am
Are you sure? I've registered account with username tester2014@45 and it is working fine
Administrator

GK User
Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:53 am
yes you are right. The probem was, the email I tried to register was already registered. But why the system did not tell me this?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:21 pm
It told you, but the message box is hidden due your CSS changes so it is under the menu bar.
Administrator

GK User
Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:59 pm
Ah. So how can I solve this - mainly for the users later
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:24 am
You have to add some margin-top for the #system-message element.
Administrator

GK User
Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:06 am
? and how I can do it? Its 1000% new for me. sorry!
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:49 pm
Please try to add the following code in the Custom CSS code option under the Advanced settings of the template:

Code: Select all
#system-message-container {margin-top: 53px;}
Administrator

GK User
Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:19 am
okay, thank you!
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:32 am
Can you please help with http://bauhausfurniture.net - The MY CART and LOGIN on TOP of the website do both not work. Why?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:20 pm
Login works right now because I set back " Account Maintenance " on public (instead of registered)

Why this source ode is not showing 3 columns at the HOME site?
<p class="gkribbon">Stylefurn Bauhausfurniture.net - Bauhaus Reproduction</p>

<div class="gkColumns" data-cols="3">
<div class="gkFrame">
<h5><a href="info-point.html" title="Stylefurn - Reproductions of Bauhaus">Stylefurn Bauhausfurniture.net - Bauhaus Reproduction</a></h5>
<ul>
<li>
Modern classic designs by
<strong>Le Corbusier, Mies van der Rohe, Charles Eames, Eileen Gray</strong>
<span> and others are made to same standards as the much more expensive reeditions by companies who claim having the exclusive rights.</span></li>
<li><p class="gktag"><strong><a href="service-center/uncategorised/service-a-faq/material-colours-overview" title="Colour Choice">Large colour choice</a></strong></p></li>
</ul>
</div>
<div class="gkFrame">
<h5>Bauhaus Reproduction - Made in Italy</h5>
<ul>
<li>Our furniture is hand made to your order in Italy from european raw materials. Although we strive hard to be competitive in pricing, we do not sell reproductions of chinese provenience. We have been watching and evaluating the arising chinese furniture industry for ten years, but still we come to the conclusion that nothing beats european quality standards. </li>
<li><strong>About us:</strong></li>
<li>Since 1996, we have constantly been striving to offer best value for money and service to our customers. Our manufacturing remains unchanged: In Poggibonsi (SI) in the heart of Tuscany, where craftsmanship and family owned business have a very long tradition. The best quality furniture is still made in Italy and this is why we were never tempted to fall for cheap offers from China.</li>
</ul>
</div>
<div class="gkFrame">
<h5>Guaranteed Quality!</h5>
<ul>
<li>Item or part of such if any damage occurs due to faults in material or manufacturing get up to 2 years guarantee. We have been around for quite a while and we will be much longer in order to keep our promise.</li>
<li><strong><a href="clients/uncategorised/clients" title="24 Years in Business, online since 1997 ">In business since 1996 </a></strong><br />We were able to satisfy thousands of customers and we pride ourselves to be a reliable source for modern classics. Ask us for references, or <a href="clients/uncategorised/clients" title="read what customers write about us...">read what customers write about us...</a></li>
<li><p class="gkbulb"><strong>Earn Money with us...</strong> </p>Why not sign up on our affiliate program? If you are a registered reseller of ours you are entitled to get a 10% commission on any sale procured by you. Get started today!</li>
</ul>
</div>
</div>
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:57 pm
The mentioned code is not working, because you have used a CSS classes which are not defined in your template.

Regarding the cart issue - please check if you have in your template directory the ajax.php and cart.php files.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:09 am
So do there exst already coded for the bike store to make 3 columns and if - where can I find them?

ajax.php and cart.php are both inside bike store template - yes
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:42 am
Your cart is not working, because something is wrong with your joomla configuration - the tmpl param in the URL is not working properly - i.e. on our demo: http://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/bikesto ... ?tmpl=cart - for your page it returns just homepage.

The CSS code for the specified HTML code doesn't exist in the BikeStore template, I don't know from where you did get this code.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:25 pm
The code I got from cloudhost. So WHERE can I see an overview about the working codes for a multicolumn in bikestore?

Where can I find where the bug according the cart could be? The problem is new. At the beginning it worked fine.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:27 am
As you can se there: http://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/bikesto ... typography there is no dedicated code for multicolumns in this template. The only code which can be used for it is using classes like demo-typo-col2, demo-typo-col3 etc. which are used for the typography article.

Please check if you have any security extensions which can affect the tmpl param in the URL.
Administrator

GK User
Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:30 am
Okay thank you. How can I change the call for price template / virtuemart? Its sooo ugly, look: http://quicksat.net/es/particulares/acc ... =component
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:11 am
You can add a custom CSS code for this view in the following file: http://quicksat.net/templates/gk_cloudh ... mframe.css
Administrator

GK User
Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:32 pm
Can I add the css also in override.css? Can UI use the css of bikestore? And if yes, where can I find it? Sorry for so many questions... Also: Would you help here for extra to make a nice custom solution maybe please?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:26 am
No, you have to edit the mentioned file. Unfortunately I'm currently too busy for custom work.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:02 pm
ok
Expert Boarder