EU Cookie Law on mobile devices - problem

Support help forum dedicated to free and commerical templates for Joomla 3 and 2.5 version.
GK User
Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:14 pm
Hi there,

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere but I couldn't find anything about this problem.

Basically I have a joomla site running on the Boutique template and need to enable the EU Cookie Law in the template settings.

My problem is that when it is enabled and the site is visited on an iphone for example the entire screen is filled with the cookie law rather than just the bottom of the page like on the desktop version.

Please can you help & tell me if this problem can be rectified?

Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:56 pm
Hi

Our template is only allowing a plugin for cooke law to be used. Which means we have a limited possibility to manipulate with it. Please enable this plugin ans show me Your site then. Maybe I'll think of something.

GK User
Wed May 29, 2013 7:58 pm
I had the same issue. The solution is that you change

#cc-notification h2 {margin-right:320px !important}

to:

#cc-notification h2{margin-right:30%!important}

I have tried with override.css but it didn't work so I did the following:

1. Copy the css from: https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/asse ... le.min.css and change the value 320px to 30%.

2. Add this css to my existing template.css

3. In administrator under the template manager cookie law tab: Use default plugin CSS - Turn off

That's the solution that is working for me, but It's not fully correct, because when you will update template, you will have to add this css once again.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu May 30, 2013 5:29 pm
Hi

That's a good solution, but I'm sure it can work from within override.css, but You may just need to add some more informations to selector. This way it will get a bigger prior.

Code: Select all
div#cc-notification h2{margin-right:30%!important}

GK User
Thu May 30, 2013 7:03 pm
Hmm.. you are right, but, If I set css to ON and put div#cc-notification h2{margin-right:30%!important} in to override.css it's not working. It's only working if I put it in template.css
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:02 pm
Hi

Please make sure override is enabled in template settings. If yes, than show me Your site while css is set to ON.

GK User
Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:47 am
Hi, what can I say, You are right. My settings in template was OFF. So THX for the resolving this issue. Best Regards,
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue May 26, 2015 10:27 am
Hello,

sorry to bump up an old post, ma I did not find anything newer...

I tried the method proposed here by enabling overrides and putting this code in it:

div#cc-notification h2{margin-right:30%!important}

But on mobile device view the banner is still displayed by hiding the rest of the site, and in this way I'm sure people navigating via mobile devices will not understand and will think there is a site problem (since thy will not see anithing else but the banner).

Is there a way to fix it by showing the banner the same (more discrete) way as on desktop?

Thanks in advance...
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat May 30, 2015 12:09 pm
Hi

Please tell me the url to the page where I can see it so I'll check what can be done.

GK User
Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:53 pm
Hello,

thanks for you reply.

The site is: www.museodiocesanolanciano.it.

If you navigate with a desktop PC you will see the banner on the bottom of the page (and you can keep on navigating even without clicking "OK"), and that's fine.... but if you navigate with a mobile device you will not see the site under the banner and people will think there is some kind of server error until they press OK.

Thanks in avdance for your help.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:52 pm
Hi

It cookie law from template ? I've installed a quickstart but I do not see same problem there. Also I cannot see cookie law plugin on a desktop of Your site. Please send me an access to joomla panel. I need to make some tests.

teitbite
Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:44 am
Hi

I've informed programmers about this issue. Will let You know when I'll have an answer from them.

GK User
Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:03 pm
Ok thank you very much for your great support: Gavick is the best resource on the internet!
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:00 am
Hi

I got an answer, but looks programmers has told me that plugin is being loaded from an outside source and it's made to act like that. This means we cannot do anything about that, it's how this plugin developers has designed it to work.

GK User
Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:10 pm
Hi,
I know that this post ist a little bit older, but: there has been a change from the 1.0.x version to the new 2.0.x version of the silktide cookie law script.
To use the new version (which is online since Oct. 28 2015 btw), you have to change the .js link within ../your_gavick_template/layouts/blocks/cookielaw.php and replace
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/assets.cookieconsent.silktide.com/1.0.7/plugin.min.js
with
src="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/cookieconsent2/1.0.9/cookieconsent.min.js"

The reason for this: silktide is providing this plugin as a free service (many thanks to the guys) and the hosting costs on s3 got higher than they have expected. So they moved to a new place (cloudflare).
To rename the language tags etc. you should embed the whole plugin as described on the silktide website or - as easy as it could be - run their wizard, follow the instructions and become happy :) https://silktide.com/tools/cookie-consent/download/
Hope this helps! Regards and have fun ;)
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:04 pm
Hi

Thank You for this explanation. I'm going to paste that to programmers, see if they are aware of that change.

GK User
Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:12 am
BTW: if you do a dirty change inside the cookielaw.php be aware, that facebook-login function won't work anymore. Reason for this: the facebook-login is referring to the cookie law settings and won't get the right return to proceed further.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu May 04, 2017 9:44 am
Hi

This particular issue has been fixed. Templates has been updated. Thread closed.