MacBook Pro with retina display

Support help forum dedicated to free and commerical templates for Joomla 3 and 2.5 version.
GK User
Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:27 pm
The new creative template doesn't work in Safari on the new MacBook Pro with retina display.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:18 am
Hi

Can You please tell me what is the problem exacly? Because it works perfect for me.

GK User
Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:10 pm
I have the new Retina Mac and it seems like the Music Free thinks its an iPhone when using Chrome and Safari. Top image spreads over the full width. FF works fine.

teitbite wrote:Hi

Can You please tell me what is the problem exacly? Because it works perfect for me.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:47 pm
Hi

Ok. I think You may experience a joomla cache bug. Please try disable all cache and check than.

Anyway this template is responsive, which means it fit to screen width. There is no recognision of a device other than by screen width.

GK User
Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:18 am
This is how it looks like on my Retina (Chrome and Safari) FF is ok:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d3g3lvpurnt0bdt/retina.png
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:55 am
Hi

Ok. It looks odd for sure. I'm going to report this to programmers for check. Thank You for reporting.

Just one final additional question. Have You cleared browser cache and check than? It's just to exclude the cache problem.

GK User
Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:01 pm
Please tell me what version of Safari you use. I've checked template on Safari 6.0 (8536.25) and looks correct, so maybe this is only browser issue. On Chrome or FF the result is the same ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:07 pm
I´m using Safari Versjon 6.0 (8536.25) and Chrome Versjon 21.0.1180.89.

FF is fine.

I´ve cleared cashe several times and its not resolving the issue.

Thanks for looking into this.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:29 pm
@blondal - could you tell me how did you configured your template in the "Layouts" section tab?

It seems that it is a problem with media-queries. BTW please also check the last update for this template, because we have made some changes in the media-queries in the version based on Gavern 3.5. Could you test this version on your mac?
Administrator

GK User
Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:40 pm
Ok, the problem seems to be more trivial than I thought - there is a bug in the code and it seems that in the Gavern 3.5 version it was fixed - there was the min-device-width specified for big value i.e. 1500pixels and it was combined with the min-device-pixel-ratio 2.0 what cause that on the Macbook Pro retina display the tablet.css file was loaded.

But as I wrote - the latest update should solve this problem.
Administrator

GK User
Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:39 pm
Yes, theme is updated and it resolved the issue. Thanks for this. :D
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 pm
Hi,

Same problem here. Template: Creative (gk_creative)

Template is updated to Gavern v.3.8, Joomla is updated to V 3.0.3.. Still site is not working properly with MacBook Pro Retina Display on Chrome V. 24.0.1312.57 and Safari V. 6.0.2.

Firefox (V. 19.0) is running OK

http://www.grupoconamerica.com/

Thanks in advance.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:22 am
Hi

Can You please send me ftp and joomla panel access so I'll be able to give it to programmers for fix ?

GK User
Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:01 pm
Hi,
I have problems with Joomla Music Free template v. Gavern v.3.8.1 with my MacBook Pro Retina (2014) 2,8 GHz Intel Core i7 OSX YOSEMITE v. 10.10.5; screen resolution 2880 x 1800.

My website http://menaide.uweb.it/ is ok if I use Firefox 43.0.4

The template doesn’t work in Chrome 48.0.2564.103 and Safari 9.0.3
It seems like the Music Free template thinks my Macbook it is an iPhone when I am using Chrome and Safari. Modules spreads over the width. The same view I have on your demo https://demo.gavick.com/free/may2012/ (see screenshot in attachment).

I try to clear Safari and Chrome cache and check again: it does’t resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:01 pm
Hi

This template is not using any scripts recognising if user is using desktop or mobile device. It's all based on screen width. Please attach a screen with the issue, so I'll have an idea what can be wrong.

GK User
Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:57 pm
I attached two screenshots.
The divs are placed in vertical, in one column, like on my smartphone
Ciao
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:31 pm
Hi

I honestly do not know why this can be happening for You, but on my MacbookPro everything is ok. Screens attached. Please add this code to override.css to restrict the width for main content area in case problem is caused by a conflict with browser's scripting.

Code: Select all
#gkPage > #gkContent {
  max-width:756px;
}

teitbite
Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:36 pm
...and screenshots:

GK User
Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:59 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

I honestly do not know why this can be happening for You, but on my MacbookPro everything is ok. Screens attached. Please add this code to override.css to restrict the width for main content area in case problem is caused by a conflict with browser's scripting.

#gkPage > #gkContent {
  max-width:756px;
}

Hi,
I added the code, but the problem still remains.
http://menaide.uweb.it/
What more about?
Thanks
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:08 pm
Hi

Can I please ask what code? This is a very old thread and I'm not sure what the problem is there right now. Please explain.

GK User
Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:32 pm
Here the screenshot with the code
Schermata 2016-06-30 alle 16.26.34.png
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:01 pm
Hi

Honestly I do not know what to do because my Mac shows it correctly. Try maybe change viewport in /layout/defaul.php to:

<meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1">

GK User
Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:50 pm
Hi,
I changed
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=<?php echo $this->API->get("zoom_scale", "1.0"); ?>">

to

<meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1">
in layouts/default.php.
No effect :(
Firefox is always ok,
Safari and Chrome not at all!
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:59 pm
Hi

Here are some more viewport tags You may try. Just to see if it's affecting it:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1">

or

<meta name="viewport" content="width=1024px, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1">

GK User
Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:23 am
No effect :(
Firefox is always ok,
Safari and Chrome not at all!
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:11 pm
Hi

Not even with content="width=1024px" value ?? It's just not possible. It should lock the width on it.

Biggest problem is that I have no computer to check the actual problem. I do have retina on my macbook, but site is showing for me correctly.

Please contact me on skype, so I'll be able to work directly on Your computer via screen share. My skype is "teitbite".