Drop down menus &sliders not working with Mootools activated

Support help forum dedicated to free and commerical templates for Joomla 3 and 2.5 version.
GK User
Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:48 pm
Hello

We have a problem with a Gavick template on 1.5--GK_cherrydesign--for the following website: URL http://www.capetownopera.co.za/(see attached)

We installed Social Backlinks. A module that enables you to link changes made on the website to be updated on Twitter and Facebook. (see attached)

However we are required to activate the plug-in, System--Mootools Upgrate, for it to work.

The moment we activate Mootools all our drop down menus stop working as well as the sliders.(See attached Sliders and Drop Down menus)

Can you please give us advice in how to fix this problem?

Thank you.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:02 pm
I have just installed a quickstart package of gk_cherrydesign joomla 1.5 and enabled mootools upgrade plugin.

I cannot see any problems at all in my testing. Try disabling social backlinks plugins and leave mootools plugin enabled and check your menus to see if mootools upgrade plugin is actually causing this error.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:57 am
Hey.

I have disabled the Social Backlinks and kept the Mootools on but it is still doing the same thing…? Don’t know why.

Please help.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:20 pm
It is definitely conflicts with another js file so if you can please send an admin access to my email where i can enable those plugin so I can check and see where the conflict is.

My email normanuk[at] live.co.uk

Please backup your website and also include this topic link in your email.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:00 am
Hey

Thanks. I will send you the info as soon as we did the backup of the website.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:08 am
Issue is fixed via email contact.
Platinum Boarder