Myfolio Quickstart problems

Support help forum dedicated to free and commerical templates for Joomla 3 and 2.5 version.
GK User
Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:23 am
Hi,

I am having a lot of problems with the 'My Folio' quickstart installation. Is there a bug in the quickstart zip for this template?

Errors
1 I have to clear cache and then purge cache to make changes to any module. I cannot even unpublish / publish without clearing cache and then purging cache every time
2 Also getting this error in K2 article editor 'JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 42'
3 Global Check-in does not work (error says 'no items checked in')
4 K2 User groups page is just blank.

I have so far made 3 attempts at installing the MyFolio quickstart package, deleting the database everytime and starting from scratch. Very frustrated and client is on my back. I have used rocketthemes up to now and considering going back to them.

I tried to install myFolio standalone package (not quick start) but the zip folder does not contain an 'installation' directory?

Please help. Cheers Terry
Fresh Boarder

Konrad M
Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:30 am
Hi,
Standalone version you have tu install using joomla extension manager. So first you need install clear joomla and then template via extension manager in joomla backend admin. Did you try use latest quickstart package to install ?

GK User
Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:12 pm
Thanks konrad. Im downloading from here:
https://www.gavick.com/download/joomla- ... folio.html

I presume this is the latest version? please advise.

Im reluctant to use the joomla 'non demo' installation becuase i like the layout of the MyFolio demo. Can you advise if the 'non demo' version has the same logo, main menu, footer layout as the demo os is it simply a blank page?

Also what is this error? To me it looks like a user info that was not properly deleted during the creation of the quick start files. >>>>>>>>>>>>>'JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 42'
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:13 pm
p.s. I get this error when I navigate to K2 > items and try to update an article
Fresh Boarder

Konrad M
Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:56 pm
If you downloaded it less than the 2 weeks ago, yes it is the newest one. To remove this issue in k2 please try delete all comments already added in sample datas.