Workaround for: Publishing a pure module page

Support help forum dedicated to free and commerical templates for Joomla 3 and 2.5 version.
GK User
Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:39 pm
As I could not find any statement on some topics here yet, I tried over the weekend to find some workarounds. Maybe those workarounds are interesting for others too, so I post them here:

This one is about publishing empty pages, which should only be filled with modules. especially as the news show pro and the tab module from CK are so cool, templates of CK really are in need to have a blank page.

The usual workaround for everyone is to publish a single article with no content or an HTML link with no content etc etc. The more professional solution is a little component called Blank Component (http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... yout/17363) , which (theoretically) does the job.

Unfortunately, in my CK template Corporate2 all those solutions incl Blank Component still left a bar with white background color and a height of approx 40 pix - the empty main body container. That made it impossible to use such a page.

I tried to squeeze the 40 pix - but noch chance. That must be a hard coded paddings somewhere. Changing the background color to transparent and delete the line around the (empty) main body would help, but changing it in general for the template (in template.css) made all the other pages look poor. And every trial to create a separate page class by using the override.css did not work either for some reasons.

This was the way I could at least make a workarund which works fine for me:

After you finished all other design changes, copy the template with a different name ("Blank Page" or so), and go to the template settings. In "Advanced settings" you find a field "Custom CSS". In this one you enter a little piece of code like this:

#gkComponentWrap {
border: none !important;
background-color: transparent;
}

and assign only this template to the page. Now, it works - at least as workaround....

H.
BTW This little trick you may use for every other functionality, which you like only to have on selcted pages - for example social network buttons !
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:49 am
You could of simply used suffixes for pages under Template settings > Features.

Example.
Lets says your menu item id is 101 ( See menus end of each menu item )

Under Suffixes for pages you enter
"101" for page id and "nobg" for suffix without quotes.

In override.css you enter below css code
Code: Select all
.nobg #gkComponentWrap { display:none;}

Or as in your example
Code: Select all
.nobg #gkComponentWrap { border: none !important; background-color: transparent;}

Above css will only be used if user is on menu item id 101 or whichever id you use.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:01 am
Norman,

you are the man you killed two days of sweat and tears in a second. It does exactly, what I wanted: Not just deleting the visible colors, but even deleting the empty container of the component.

Many thanks !

Heino
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:17 pm
No problem at all ;)

See you around...
Platinum Boarder