Template Login & Registration URL

Support help forum dedicated to free and commerical templates for Joomla 3 and 2.5 version.
GK User
Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:20 pm
Hi There!

Just wanted to point out the Login & Registration link/button URL hardcoded in each template's default.php file under layout folder. The URLs were coded:

Code: Select all
<a href="<?php echo $this->API->URLbase(); ?>index.php?option=com_users&amp;view=registration">

<a href="<?php echo $this->API->URLbase(); ?>index.php?option=com_users&amp;view=login">

The issue I see with this is when you hover your mouse over the Login or Registration link/button, you will see the non-sef URL if you turn on Joomla default SEF functionality or using SEF components like sh404SEF. Shouldn't it be:

Code: Select all
<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_users&amp;view=registration'); ?> ">

<a href="<?php  echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_users&amp;view=login'); ?> ">

Just my thought, I like all my URLs SEF if possible and hope Gavick team will consider changing their code.

Thanks! :P
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:14 pm
Hi

Yes You can use it like that. In the matter of fact this link is there only when javascript is not enabled in a browser. In most cases I strip this and replace to # char only.