How to remove logo position from Penguin Mail template

Support help forum dedicated to free and commerical templates for Joomla 3 and 2.5 version.
GK User
Mon May 21, 2012 7:17 pm
Can anyone tell me how to go about completely removing the logo area from the Penguin Mail template? I want to have the top menu directly on top of the G4 Tab slider but so far I cannot see how to remove that spacing. This does not appear to be a module position that I can just turn off? Please help.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue May 22, 2012 11:39 am
HI,

Can you please give me your site link to take a look to help better?

Thanks,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed May 23, 2012 5:14 am
Also, can you please tell me which css rules need to be edited in order to adjust the vertical postioning of the g4 Tab? I edited the logo and made it larger and it works perfectly on all pages except the homepage where the g4 Tab is overlaying it. I need to move the g4 Tab down a bit on the page.

Thanks,
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed May 23, 2012 5:18 am
I am working locally, so I do not have a link to give you.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed May 23, 2012 1:19 pm
I need a link to inspect into the page's code to know what/where to add/edit css rule(s) to fix those for you. So, once you put it online just let me know and I will try for you immediately.

Thanks,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed May 23, 2012 4:28 pm
I have decided to leave the logo in place, but I do still need an answer for this other issue:

can you please tell me which css rules need to be edited in order to adjust the vertical postioning of the g4 Tab? I edited the logo and made it larger and it works perfectly on all pages except the homepage where the g4 Tab is overlaying it. I need to move the g4 Tab down a bit on the page.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed May 23, 2012 4:44 pm
Hi,

As I said before, I need a link to see the issue and check to know what to do (it would take me just 1 minute), I can't imagine it to suggest you exactly because it's related to code but settings. Thanks for understanding.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed May 23, 2012 5:18 pm
I'd be happy to share a link, but it will be some time before this goes online. Please see the attched jpeg that clearly shows the issue. I just need to know what rule needs to be edited to move this slider down on this homepage (which is the only place I am using the slider).

Thanks for your help
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed May 23, 2012 9:32 pm
I really can not say, I need to check html code to know the mock up of the page to know what css code should be used, a screenshot doesn't help in this case. Just have it online then I will help you further.

Cheers,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:15 pm
Don Lee wrote:I really can not say, I need to check html code to know the mock up of the page to know what css code should be used, a screenshot doesn't help in this case. Just have it online then I will help you further.

Cheers,

The site is now online at http://www.neworleansantiquing.com

As you can see on the home page, the slider is laying over the logo. I need to know what rule(s) need to be adjusted to move the slider down a bit so that the logo is no longer hidden.

Thanks,
Charles C.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:07 am
Hi Charles,

Please add this code to CSS Override:
Code: Select all
h1#gkLogo a.cssLogo{
height: 170px!important;
}

It will look like this http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/573/1416911862.jpg
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:07 pm
I must be missing something, I added that code to the overide.css file so that it looked like this:

#------------------------------------------------------------------------
# penguinMail - December 2010 (for Joomla 1.6)
#
# Copyright (C) 2007-2011 Gavick.com. All Rights Reserved.
# License: Copyrighted Commercial Software
# Website: http://www.gavick.com
# Support: [email protected]
*/

/* Here you can include your override CSS styles */
h1#gkLogo a img {
height: auto !important;
}

h1#gkLogo a.cssLogo{
}

I even tried it without the first section like this:

#------------------------------------------------------------------------
# penguinMail - December 2010 (for Joomla 1.6)
#
# Copyright (C) 2007-2011 Gavick.com. All Rights Reserved.
# License: Copyrighted Commercial Software
# Website: http://www.gavick.com
# Support: [email protected]
*/

/* Here you can include your override CSS styles */

h1#gkLogo a.cssLogo{
}

In template manager, I made sure that css override was switched on, but still it is not working. Can you tell me what I am missing?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:17 pm
Sorry mate, I have given you a wrong code, the selector was wrong, please remove all the code and replace by this one:
Code: Select all
#gkLogo{
}
Platinum Boarder