Facebook Authentication Plugin Not working

Support help forum dedicated to free and commerical templates for Joomla 3 and 2.5 version.
teitbite
Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:01 am

GK User
Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:15 pm
Hi,

My issue resides in facebook authentication.

Earlier don lee had solved it however when i added new instance it is not working, not even the information is getting stored in users table.

I cannot login through facebook along with redirection.

Sandeep
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:19 pm
Hi

What do You mean by "added new instance" ? Can You please show me an exact page where I can see this problem ?

GK User
Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:41 am
Hi teitbite,

I have sent you as well the credentials to your personal account. Please check and let me know what else you need

Sandeep
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:38 pm
Hi

Settings looks ok. Also the fact that when clicked fb login button shows a popup cab tell that. Unfortunately this is not working because of some javascript conflict. Unfortunately this is hard to notice. For start please check if fb login works when default joomla template is selected and if yes try unpublish extension after extension till it starts to work. The last unpublished will be to blame for this issue.

GK User
Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:29 am
Thanks for the reply,

The FB login opens up the window and i able to login and open FB directly to ensure the authentication. The problem is it stops moving after it log's in and also there is no entry in database.

How will this work when i select default joomla, this is part of gavick template right !

Earlier don lee had solved this for me, please try once again. I am close for the project completion only this is left..

Sandeep
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:25 am
Hi

Sorry, but I do not know what Don did to make it work, so I need to discover it one more time.

Fb connect is a joomla feature. What we did in our template is to just use it inside our login module. So try change the template and we will see if problem is related to template or 3rd party modules (or joomla itself).

GK User
Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:43 am
Can you please do this from your side, i am not getting on the flow i changed the template and i couldn't find the button itself.

I have given the credentials to you. Please let me know
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:47 am
Hi

Can You please tell me what changes to the template You've done. I was trying to work on this fb login issue for the last day and looks like code is not the same as in demo. Probably because of modifications. Please just tell me this one thing and I'm sending this to programmers if it's not the case.

GK User
Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:42 am
No , i haven't touched anything related to the code.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:48 am
Hi

I've send this problem to programmers. Maby they will know what's going on.

GK User
Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:27 pm
Thanks,

Let me know if you need anything.

Sandeep
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:01 am
Any Updates please ?

Sandeep
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:08 am
Hi

I've just received an answer:

first that I see is wrong URL in facebook settings, URL need to be set to ROOT of domain without specifying full URL.

Try this first.

GK User
Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:24 am
Can you please tell me, where to change, i tried changing near " website facebook login " and it is not allowing me. Please help me.

Sandeep
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:52 am
Hi

Than please maby give me an access to facebook settings. I'll handle it over to programmers and let them deal with this problem. What do You think ?

GK User
Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:19 am
Hi,

Its my personal ID which i had used, can you please do the process for the following dummy credentials which i will change later.

I will add that in your personal address.

Sandeep
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:21 am
Please confirm me once you receive the credentials. It always remain in outbox.

Sandeep
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:23 am
Hi

Yes received and passed to programmers.

GK User
Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:19 am
Please let me know as soon as it is solved
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:45 pm
Hi

Please replace a file in /layouts/blocks/social.php with the one attached.

GK User
Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:58 am
Hi,

i did as you said, and i am not able to login and there is no entry in the database.

I can see your entry in the database but fails with mine and with other id's.

Please let me know the issue, when you tried were you able to redirect ?

Sandeep
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:33 am
Hi

Ok. So I'm taking it back to programmers. Can You send ftp access also ? Maybe they will need to use it.

teitbite
Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:07 pm
Hi

And here is an answer from programmers:

Ok I see where is the problem - I've logged from login page not via pop-up. The template is not up to date and script cause errors - I've checked the demo page, everything is working fine so please overwrite all template file.

GK User
Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:27 pm
Not up to date means ? Do you want me to replace the original files we received OR any other ?

Please let me know
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:11 am
Hi

You need to use the latest version of a template. Please follow the list of changes and replace all modified files. This way You will be able to keep all modifications You've made.

GK User
Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:03 am
Where can i get those files ? Do we have to purchase again ?

Sandeep
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:19 pm
Hi

Och. I had no idea Your subscription run out, but since this case is taking so long I'll send You new files via mail. Please just tell me Your mail address.

GK User
Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:41 pm
I have sent a mail to your personal inbox. please check
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:06 pm
Hi

The case is to replace it all. I'm affraid if some of the costomizations has not broke fb login. So lets check it like that.

GK User
Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:03 am
Hello, my Facebook conection doesn't work too
Because of my language limitations I don't know if it is the same problem.

- I Create an app in Facebook
- The template options are ON with the API ID
- The Facebook API app ID, the Facebook API secret and the enable Auto-register are ok in the GavickPro Facebook authentication plugin
- The registration users in joomla is enable

When I click in the Facebook conect, nothing happend
¿What can I do?

Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:29 am
More information:
I saw this: www.gavick.com/documentation/joomla-tem ... k-feature/
All are right

My template is de BikeStore Downloaded the 1st-sept more or less

if the files are not updated It's enough with download the last plugin?
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:25 pm
Hi

Please check in template settings if an update to template is available. Programmers has recently added a non conflict version of the code in case a different Fb app is being called on one page.

GK User
Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:25 pm
Yes I saw some updates like this:
http://imageshack.us/a/img163/6586/updatesvd.jpg

Its necessary to install the last one? or only with the plug-in its enought?

Thanks
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:48 pm
Hi

If You are lacking 3 updates than I advice to upgrade all files. There was a lot of changes in code probably. You can see what files exactly in update site: https://www.gavick.com/index.php?filter ... Itemid=399

I also see that there is a recent version for J2.5 only: https://www.gavick.com/updates/template ... 5,824.html

GK User
Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:20 pm
Hello Teitbite
Thanks for the links!, I will use them to replace the files (installing the full template will remove my modifications)

I registered in gavick the 28/08/2012 so I may have the 3.4 version and I only have to replace the files for the 3.5 and 3.5.1 updates
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:27 pm
I was looking the change logs and I have a question
Changelog
-Joomla! 2.5.7 Update
-etc

If I want to conserve the Joomla! 2.5.6 and I replace the files as they said.. Will I have any problem?

The same with VirtueMart 2.0.10 update and my 2.0.8c version
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:17 pm
Hi

You will not have a prolem to keep older joomla, but VM needs to be in a version exactly as a style made to it. Last one is for VM 2.0.10