mod_gk_news problem

Joomla template especially designed for news or magazine website with amazing content display flexibility.
GK User
Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:40 am
Hello,

I am having a problem with mod_gk_news module where it doesn't show proper contents. You can recreate the problem by changing "GK News - Business and Finance" module's sections to Life and Style from Module Manager select type mod_gk_news. And click on Business and Finance tab. You will not see Life and Style contents, but News contents. But, if you change the sections to any other options, you do get correct contents in the page. It seems like any new sections do not get the correct contents either.

In my case, I was trying to show my own section's content via this module, but keeping getting "NEWS" contents. I cannot seem to get my section's contents.

Please advise.

Thank you

Joonsup
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:51 pm
Hello,

We have a project for a client of ours who purchased your template: The World News.

We are having similar problems with: mod_gk_news. It works fine in 5 places on the site but when we try to put it in another place it simply doesn't work. Settings on this module are exactly the same as with others BUT it still doesn't work. However when more than 1 content source setting is chosen then it displays them fine. Only when 1 source is chosen it's screwed.

Link to screenshots: http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/1866374/ ... k?h=6e6ece

Regards,
Eric Tracz | COO Cloudaccess.net
[email protected]
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:33 pm
Hi

I'm pretty sure I did solved it and attached the file with the fix to the post. Unfortunately I cannot find it on the forum myself.

Please one of You place the mod_gk_news with this problem, send me ftp access data and guide me directly where this module should apper on Your page.