No images from RSS

Joomla template especially designed for news or magazine website with amazing content display flexibility.
GK User
Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:36 pm
Hi,

I'm testing this template and using a generator feeds to get articles. happens that the articles seized and configured to appear on front page News by Gavick Highlighter GK1 not displaying images. what might be happening? I'm using another template of a competitor and shows no problems.

Here is the url of test: www.nexopublicidade.com.br/folha

Best regards

PR :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:52 pm
padunic wrote:
Hi,

I'm testing this template and using a generator feeds to get articles. happens that the articles seized and configured to appear on front page News by Gavick Highlighter GK1 not displaying images. what might be happening? I'm using another template of a competitor and shows no problems.

Here is the url of test: www.nexopublicidade.com.br/folha

Best regards

PR :)

Sorry, its not about News by Gavick Highlighter GK1, but i ts about mod_news_pro_gk1 in front page.

Thanks.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:01 pm
Hi

Did You set permissions on http://www.nexopublicidade.com.br/folha ... gk1/cache/ to 755 ?

GK User
Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:38 pm
Yes, i did. Not work.

Thanks.

PR
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:43 am
Hi

I have no idea. I'll ask someone smarter for help.

GK User
Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:22 pm
Permissions in cache directory should be set to 777 - the same permission should be set for all images which are placed in this directory (if its exist).
Administrator

GK User
Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:24 pm
Additionaly one thing, because it can be also reason of the problems: News Show Pro GK1/GK4 can show only these images which originally comes from standard Joomla images/ directory. So any other images placed on other places with src attribute starting with http:// won't work.
Administrator

GK User
Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:42 pm
So are you saying that there is no way to display images that come from RSS feeds? Also, where, EXACTLY, would I set the permission for the images. I'm fairly new to Joomla and I'm using your ICKI template so as much detail as possible would be MUCH APPRECIATED!! thanks, in advance.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:41 am
sportsradiokc wrote:
So are you saying that there is no way to display images that come from RSS feeds?

That's exactly what Dziudek means.

Also, where, EXACTLY, would I set the permission for the images. I'm fairly new to Joomla and I'm using your ICKI template so as much detail as possible would be MUCH APPRECIATED!! thanks, in advance.

../modules/mod_news_pro_gk4/cache/

Make sure you have /cache/ directory with 777 permissions and also all images inside.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder