How to change the position of the mainmenu without having problems

Turn your community with elegantly JomSocial integrated and superiorly designed website
GK User
Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:55 pm
I have tried multiple times to change the position of the main menu from

elve.JPG

to

menu down.jpg

in order to be able to put a banner 728*90 in the right and have a longer menu under the logo, but I was not able.

DO I need to modify only this file:
/gk_elvesocial/layouts/blocks/mainnav.php
or also css?

Could you please help me?

Thank you very much and merry christmas to everyone at Gavick's.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:03 pm
Hi

If you want to move it to different position, you just need to change gk_stuff.css file.
Find this line:

Code: Select all
#gk-mainnav{line-height:1; position:relative; z-index:99; font-size:100%; float:right;margin-left:338px;margin-top:42px;position:absolute;width:660px;}

and change (for example) to

#gk-mainnav{line-height:1; z-index:99; font-size:100%; float:left;margin-top:120px;position:absolute;width:100%;}

The only problem that you will find is the background.
This will need to be changed on psd source files.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:12 pm
Hi Seichinha,

thanks, the website where I would like to have that modify is www (dot) meteo tu (dot) it
and I do not have problems of background, but my problem is:

after doing that modify, will I be able to put a 728*90 banner in the right after the logo?

and will the menu be correctly displayed under the logo?

thanks, and sorry again for the disturb!

PS: I'm really impressed that you answer to support queries also during Christmas and I was very glad to receive help from teitbite in the past weeks, so I will surely tell to others that you are improving a lot in terms of support services (not on quality design, you have always been very good at that!)
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:33 pm
You can change it to:

#gk-mainnav{line-height:1;z-index:99; font-size:100%; float:left;margin-top:95px;position:absolute;width:100%;}

but you also need to change on template.css:

#top-nav{height:100px}

to

#top-nav{height:130px}

This will not effect banner1 module position.

It should be something like this:

scxreen.png

Cheers and thank you for your nice words.
Merry Christmas ;)

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:23 pm
Thanks Seichinha, it worked smoothly.

Just a last question: where to place the banner code in order to make it visible in the right of the logo? I have tried to add it but it shows it in other positions, not in the right place.

Thank you.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:40 am
Just a last question: where to place the banner code in order to make it visible in the right of the logo? I have tried to add it but it shows it in other positions, not in the right place
Expert Boarder