Special characters

Free responsive Joomla 2.5 and 3.x module to present your content with easy and intuitive way.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:06 pm
Hi:I post an image showing the problem.
Bad Special characters in some cases and good in another.

Using news template, nsp,
could see it in homepage: http://www.club-pescadores.com.ar

Regards
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:24 am
All looks fine here, perhaps I don't understand something - could please show me what you see and what should be displayed?

GK User
Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:24 pm
The problem with the text is that
ó isn't translated by php : ó => ó
if you open the k2 item all is fine , but in the module text not. Is strange, because in another item 'ó' is shown fine.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:39 pm
Hmm, it seems some of your articles has this "character" inputed as an utf8 (or other) input, and some uses special html code (ó).
NSP has a small settings that allows to limit introduction text to "x" amount of letters. When it happens and this "limit" hits middle of special sign (ó) the problem occurs. So the best solution would be to always use "keyboard input" instead of using custom html code.

GK User
Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:56 pm
Thanks
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:59 pm
Hi: researching how is saved the k2 item in the database, is save as utf-8. And when you view the hole item there is no problem. Seems a problem with nsp component, when the special character is in the last character limit position.
Regards

Cyberek wrote:Hmm, it seems some of your articles has this "character" inputed as an utf8 (or other) input, and some uses special html code (ó).
NSP has a small settings that allows to limit introduction text to "x" amount of letters. When it happens and this "limit" hits middle of special sign (ó) the problem occurs. So the best solution would be to always use "keyboard input" instead of using custom html code.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:13 am
Could you pleas show me how this post:
http://www.club-pescadores.com.ar/insti ... n-alvarito
looks in database? (Please copy it's content from phpMyAdmin and past it to a txt file and attach it here or post it anywhere live).

GK User
Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:29 pm
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:52 am
After analyzing your sql file I see exactly same thing as I was able to see on your site. Sometimes your special characters are coded with use of html special tags (ó) and sometimes as a final utf-encoded character (á). I'm not sure why your input gets coded differently. Perhaps it's a problem of wysiwyg editor?
Either case, if character glyphs are coded correctly, there would be no issue, and you are a first person that has such problem.

GK User
Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:16 pm
I really not seeing the utf-encoded characters in the sql file ...
The problem is when the position of the encoded character is in text limit value.
I found a solution: not use the character limit value, but the words value.

Thanks !
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:42 pm
Well, it can done the trick.
So I guess using this method problem is solved?

GK User
Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:09 pm
Yes ! For me is a solution.
Regards and thanks.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:54 pm
I'm glad you could solve it on your own.
If you have any additional questions regarding this topic, please let me know.