News Show Pro GK4 Has a wrong item and category ID

Free responsive Joomla 2.5 and 3.x module to present your content with easy and intuitive way.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:07 pm
Hi,
Something recently happen to news module... links from all articles stop function. It create a virtual links for all articles under News Show Pro that is not even exists and links doesn't work anymore. Need help ASAP.

http://ola-aventura.com/ - module "Latest News" on "left".

Troubleshooting steps:

1. Rebuild all menus
2. Clear Cache
3. Reinstalled whole module.

The path that you see on "error2.jpg" screenshot, is not even exists.
Thanks.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:13 pm
Hi

I can see you have cleared your site from modules anyway there is couple of tips.

Links in joomla can only change if there were changes made in menu structure. If this was not done than this problem may be a result of hacking attempts.

GK User
Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:36 pm
Hi,
i'm not sure if that site was hacked... i do have a couple of good firewalls. But something defiantly happen. If i link menu to the article it works fine and only one problem is with news show pro module. I did try to re install it, but still have same problem. Need help :(
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:32 pm
Hi

NSP is using joomla's default function to build the link, so it's not related. Please send me an access to joomla panel. I'll see menu structure.

GK User
Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:56 pm
Hi,
As you said it defiantly related to Joomla, i recently installed K2 component and imported all articles. Now, looks like all functioning fine and i can leave with it, but it still interesting what happen.
Please use following credentials to access admin panel. There is two news pro modules installed right now, both on main page "left" side - Diving News and one on "mainbody" position - Latest News. Feel free to change data source in news module to Joomla from News category and you will see.

[edited by moderator]

http://www.ola-aventura.com/barisok

Thanks a lot.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:38 pm
Hi

It only shows that I'm right :) You have a category blog link for this category so it has a so called "landing page". There is no such page for K2 category, so articles are opening where they were clicked. Just add a category layout page to menu with a category this articles are from.

GK User
Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:46 pm
I also tried to create a new category "news1" and attach one of these articles to it and getting same issue, wrong path..
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:57 pm
Hi

I've just added a new menu item with a category layout for category Diving. Link has changed to: http://www.ola-aventura.com/test/item/4 ... 4-16-56-23 and article is visible. Am I missunderstanding something ?

GK User
Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:01 pm
Is that under Joomla source or K2? Choose Joomla source in news module and take some articles from "news" categories.
Thanks.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:25 pm
Hi

It doesn't matter which system is it. Joomla works same with any component. Now I've used regular joomla articles, changed my "test" element in menu to "Category Blog" with "News" category selected. Links are now like this: http://www.ola-aventura.com/test/3-2014-05-06-00-32-11

You need landing pages or it will open where it was clicked and somethimes there is no place for it to show than.

GK User
Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:24 am
Ok, so you mean that i need to create a "hidden" menu point to that category and then it gonna work?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:53 pm
Hi

Exactly. creat a new menu and put menu items with category layout for all categories You do not have at the moment.

GK User
Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:31 pm
Awesome,
Thanks!
Senior Boarder