Site Showing Blank Due to News Show Gk4

Free responsive Joomla 2.5 and 3.x module to present your content with easy and intuitive way.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:52 pm
I discovered my site wassuddently showing blanl When i checked the error log inoticed that news showgk4 was the culprit. So i disabled the module and suddenly my site started showing again but without all the k2 news item: Below is a copy of the error log
[14-Apr-2014 10:54:29 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method NSP_GK4_Utils::cutText() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/hfmagazi/public_html/modules/mod_news_pro_gk4/tmpl/layout.parts.php on line 200
[14-Apr-2014 10:54:29 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method NSP_GK4_Thumbs::createThumbnail() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/hfmagazi/public_html/modules/mod_news_pro_gk4/tmpl/layout.parts.php on line 263
[14-Apr-2014 10:54:29 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method NSP_GK4_Thumbs::checkSpecialImages() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/hfmagazi/public_html/modules/mod_news_pro_gk4/gk_classes/gk.thumbs.php on line 92
[14-Apr-2014 10:54:29 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method NSP_GK4_Thumbs::translateName() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/hfmagazi/public_html/modules/mod_news_pro_gk4/gk_classes/gk.thumbs.php on line 92
[14-Apr-2014 10:54:29 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method NSP_GK4_Thumbs::getRealPath() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/hfmagazi/public_html/modules/mod_news_pro_gk4/gk_classes/gk.thumbs.php on line 32
[14-Apr-2014 10:54:29 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method NSP_GK4_Thumbs::checkCache() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/hfmagazi/public_html/modules/mod_news_pro_gk4/gk_classes/gk.thumbs.php on line 162
[14-Apr-2014 10:54:29 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method NSP_GK4_Thumbs::translateName() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/hfmagazi/public_html/modules/mod_news_pro_gk4/gk_classes/gk.thumbs.php on line 163
[14-Apr-2014 10:54:29 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method NSP_GK4_Thumbs::getRealPath() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/hfmagazi/public_html/modules/mod_news_pro_gk4/gk_classes/gk.thumbs.php on line 32

So what can i do now because my site is not displaying the news.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:50 pm
It looks like your defined data source in NSP doesn't exist.

GK User
Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:01 pm
Thanks for the quick reply. All the data sources are actually well defined.
This problem just started suddenly today. When i disable the module the site shows up and i can see the categories when i click on a catgeory menu but the news item defined for news show doesnt show (because it is disabled)

Any ideas on how to solve the problem. Am using Joomla 3.0 with the League News Template
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:53 pm
Items might exist in category but your NSP settings might select narrow fragment of them that has 0 items inside.

GK User
Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:52 am
I have just bumped into the exact same issue... If I disabled the module the site came back to life, I looked in to it a little deeper and it seems that if I select the sort order direction to be "descending" it crashed the site, if I set it to be Ascending, all is well with the site.

This is with News Show Pro GK4 ver. 3.1.1 with a data-source being Virtuemart products, showing the latest products, thus "descending" is required ...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:54 pm
@WinterRG
Please send me a PM with:
1. URL to your website
2. login and password of user with admin/super-admin privileges (please create one for me)
3. link to this thread

GK User
Fri May 02, 2014 9:15 am
It seems I'm struggling with the same problem...
Suddenly, homepage (where NSP GK4 is published) showing blank. If I disabled the module the site comes back.
Also, tried to change some options in the module settings, and it seems that it crashes when I'm selecting some Virtuemart categories as source (without apparent logic). Unfortunately I need to display all my VM categories...

Is a solution has been found for this problem?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri May 02, 2014 6:20 pm
NSP might act this way when it has no correct data as a source. Please check against that problem.

GK User
Sat May 03, 2014 10:53 am
Thanks for the quick reply.
I don't know exactly what you mean by "correct data" as a source, but I guess all the data source are well defined as it was working perfectly. As explained, the problem appeared suddenly few days ago...

I'm using joomla 2.5 with BikeStore template.
I see that my NSP GK4 is not the latest version, do you think updating this module is the solution ? If so, can you tell me if I should use the "responsive" or the classic version of the module ? And do I need to uninstall first the old module, or can I simply override with the new one ?

Thanks for your help.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon May 05, 2014 4:23 pm
Please check if module works fine if you will set data source to all joomla articles or all k2 articles.

GK User
Tue May 20, 2014 7:12 pm
Hello i have exactly the same problem. Site showing blank home page. Administrator works fine. Even if i unpublish the news show GK4 the home page is blank. This site was working perfectly for 1.5 year now. I didn't change anything-installed anyhing so i don't know why this happened.

Please help me as soon as possible.

The site is espressoshop.gr
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue May 20, 2014 7:33 pm
Hello again. I Restored the site from a 10 days old back-up and now everything is back to normal...strange.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm
Hmm... perhaps some hosting issues.