problem with News Show Pro GK4 link

Free responsive Joomla 2.5 and 3.x module to present your content with easy and intuitive way.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:51 pm
Hi
I just updated joomla to the last versione of Joomla! 2.5.19 and now I have a problem with News Show Pro GK4 on my site.
Before update I had link like this: mysite/abitanti-di-gattigrigi/lara and everything worked fine;
now I have: mysite/34-abitanti-di-gattigrigi/47-lara and for this no page opens when I click on images or titles of the modules.
I updated News Show Pro GK4 to the last version too but nothing changed.
A solution for this problem? Thankyou.
Milo
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:33 pm
Hello,

From which Joomla! version did you upgraded your website?
Administrator

GK User
Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:27 am
ciao dziudek

from joomla 2.5.11
with this version news show pro gk4 worked fine
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:31 am
I'm not sure if it is a reason but please try to apply this fix: https://github.com/GavickPro/News-Show- ... 35aeb96ec3

In Joomla! 2.5.17 there was an API change in the routing - maybe that's why you are getting wrong URLs.
Administrator

GK User
Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:10 pm
sorry your link gives an error page
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:07 pm
I'm sorry - I forgot that it is a private repository. Please try the attached package.
Administrator

GK User
Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:39 am
unfortunatly it dosn't work, same problem.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:43 pm
Could you provide me an URL to your website?
Administrator

GK User
Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:07 pm
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:10 am
Please look that the old URL: http://www.gattigrigi.it/abitanti-di-gattigrigi/lara is also not working - the new URL is probably correct but without menu item for the category of the item it won't be displayed, because now the article should be displayed on the frontpage, but on the frontpage you have hidden the mainbody block. In my opinion you have to create a menu item for the category of this article (it can be created even in the hidden menu).
Administrator

GK User
Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:42 am
thankyou for your answer, all articles have menù item but not always have the same title as actegory; the article you got as example has this path:
http://www.gattigrigi.it/gli-abitanti-di-gattigrigi/lara (the alias of menu item is diffrent looking to the category but this can't be the problem)
I tested the site with a backup that I got just before updating joomla to the last version and it works perfect

news show module, after joomla update , creates link with Id-category-Id-article and not as before menuitem-article and that is the problem I have
thankyou for your time
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:10 am
I found half solution: I create a new menu > new menù item for article and it works
please give a look to the green module in homepage
now with this new path it works:
http://www.gattigrigi.it/test-presentazione/test-dimora-dei-gattigrigi

my question is: must I create new menù items for all my articles for letting news-show gk4 work properly or can you suggest a better solution?
thankyou
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:49 am
Please check if menu item for the category only will help.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:00 am
yes it does. Creating a new category item everything works well. So now the problem is solved but can we understand why came this problem with upgrading joomla?
thankyou for your time.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:06 pm
You have upgraded from very old version of joomla - during this time there was a lot of changes in the API - most probably one of it caused your problems.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:20 pm
Ok, thankyou dziudek. Problem solved.
Ciao, alla prossima!
Junior Boarder