News Show Pro GK4 module maximum number of articles

Free responsive Joomla 2.5 and 3.x module to present your content with easy and intuitive way.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:34 pm
Hi,

I've been using the News Show Pro GK4 module for about half a year now, on this site: http://www.transitienetwerkmiddenveld.be

You can see the the module on the Home page of the site. I've set the number of article layout of the module to: 4 pages, 3 columns, 2 rows, which means that 24 articles are shown (or less, if there aren't that many articles).

However when adding an article to one of the categories from which the articles are selected, the module breaks and shows only a part of the oldest article. You can see this on a test/development copy of the site: http://test.transitienetwerkmiddenveld.be

I think this is not a correct behavior of a module. I tried to install a newer version of GK4 and, when this resulted in error messages on the front end, I tried the GK5 version. However this also resulted in error messages.

I hope you can help me solve these issues. If I can send you my login details of my test site safely, I'll be happy to do so.

Kind regards,
Frits
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:22 pm
Hi

Please send me an access to joomla panel via PM.

GK User
Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:44 am
Sorry for the delay. I just sent you a PM with temporary login details.

Kind regards, Frits
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:05 pm
Hi

I have not recived PM from You. Please try to send it to my mail address visible in the footer of my every post.

GK User
Fri May 09, 2014 4:40 pm
Hi, sorry for another delay in our conversation - and a rather long one this time. Had some personal circumstances which made that I had other priorities. However, today I've sent you an email to the email address that's mentioned in your posts. Hope you've received it & that you can still help me.

Kind regards,

Frits
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat May 10, 2014 9:49 am
Hi

Looks like it was because of a validation error in article content or a validation error created after cutting the content for links layout. I've disabled links layout, since it's lacking an option to strip html code and looks like the main part is showing ok now.

GK User
Tue May 13, 2014 10:11 am
Hi,

It looked good on the test site so I copied your settings as under Links layout to the live site. The I started to re-publish the articles we depublished on the live site. Unfortunately things went wrong, even worse than before. I can publish only 4 articles from the category NIEUWS and its subcategories now... Maybe I misunderstood the changes you've made to the test site.

Could you please take a look in the live site: http://www.transitienetwerkmiddenveld.be with the same login details that I mailed to you? I'll send you a new email as well.

Thanks, Frits
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue May 13, 2014 8:39 pm
Hi

The link to the live site You've send me must be wrong. I have a "Server not foud" message when I follow it.

GK User
Wed May 14, 2014 8:12 am
teitbite wrote:Hi

The link to the live site You've send me must be wrong. I have a "Server not foud" message when I follow it.

Hi Teitbite,

It should be http://www.transitienetwerkmiddenveld.be

Just checked and it is working for me...

Frits
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed May 14, 2014 12:59 pm
[email protected] wrote:Just checked and it is working for me...

I meant to to say that the link is working, the module isn't yet (just in case you might think otherwise).

Frits
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed May 14, 2014 10:13 pm
Hi

It's working now. Must have been a temporary connection problem. Additionaly I had to enable "Clean HTML" option in advanced settings. Looks like one (or more) articles has not correct html syntax so this is the only way to make it use with NSP.

GK User
Thu May 15, 2014 8:47 am
Hi Teitbite,

I checked and it is ok indeed, thanks for your help.

Just to make sure: you have enabled the "Clean html" option, this will work for all articles that will be submitted in the future, I suppose?

Kind regards,

Frits
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri May 16, 2014 7:46 pm
Hi

Yes this option will remove any html tags from content in NSP, so any validation error will not affect site.