Problems with News Show Pro and K2 Items

Free responsive Joomla 2.5 and 3.x module to present your content with easy and intuitive way.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:03 pm
Maybe this is simple, but when I create my own "Category" in K2 and then set it as the source for the NSP data source the page gives me 404 error. When I include the sample category as well (cntl-click on more than one) it shows but now it shows both and not my "new" information no matter how I select it to sort.

My belief is that somehow the new content is not being recognized by Joomla (menu item needs to be created????) or something, but I have tried a number of different options to solve the problem and no matter what I do when I select my newly created "category" as the only source from K2 it gives a 404 error - oh, and BTW there ARE articles (enough to fill the space on the homepage) so it's not that as the issue.

Any help is appreciated.

Joe

Template - GK GameNews
Joomla - 3.2.1 (from the 3.2 DL not an upgrade) - used the "quickstart" version complete with all demo content
Joomal is up to date - Extensions are up to date
Site works fine in all other aspects - I know it's something I'm doing or not doing NOT the install
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:01 pm
Update - none of my new K2 items show in any of the sections. I 'unpublished" some of the demo content to force my new content to the page as the content of choice. . . . now I get a 404 error with any new content. I am trying, I am exploring, but no matter what I seem to do the solution eludes me.

Please let me know what should be done (I'm sure it is just something I need to do on my end).

Joe
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:30 pm
Your not alone. I have the same problem. When I save a new picture it does not show up in NSP. Gettting crazy here. Hours and hours but no solution. I even set all dir to 777 just to see if it is that. I am really dissapointed in the way nothing seems to work. I never had any problems like this with other template builders like Y**theme and Rocket.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:49 pm
You want details? . . .well you haven’t asked but here they are in an effort to get help with this issue ( I see others that have posted after this post that have gotten a response . . . and yet nothing here . . . go figure).

The Template “GameNews” comes with K2 and News Show Pro GK4 (and according to the template they are up to date)
The Template comes with a module loaded for the front page with the data source parameters of “K2 Articles
And demo content coming from K2 item – “52” (which is in the field in the module management page)

Logic would tell you that if you create a NEW K2 Item, let’s say one that has an item number of “61”, and you put that item number in the field “K2 Items” that the template would now pull that Item for display in the same module location . . . . . . seems this does NOT work for some reason(ergo my original post) as when I do this the whole site (WHOLE SITE) throws a “404 error” . . . .when I dial it back to Item 52 . . . all is well, when I disable the module all is well . . . . when I put the module back live (with Item 52 in the field) all is well . . .when I change it to anything other than “52” (the article that was part of the demo items) it throws the 404 error.

I also tried this with some of the other instances of “News Show Pro GK4” that are in the template . . . all yield the same result when swapping out either items or categories (I created some categories of my own and was going to phase out the demo content ( from the demo categories selected in the module) as I filled out the articles and K2 items. . . . . the new information DOES NOT SHOW no matter how I “sort” it or how I “unpublish” the other items . . . . either it’s the demo content shows or no content shows . . . demo content or 404 error . . . . . plus this doesn’t help much that changing the “sort” does not in fact yield a change in the sort to include the items I have created (name, date, title, author, newest, ascending, descending . . . none of them change anything that includes my new content)

That should be enough detail for SOMEONE to help me with what I am doing wrong (or the template is doing wrong) . . . . . I’m ok with the first, but I’m starting to think it might be the second..

Joe
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:00 am
jzahaitis wrote:You want details? . . .well you haven’t asked but here they are in an effort to get help with this issue ( I see others that have posted after this post that have gotten a response . . . and yet nothing here . . . go figure).

The Template “GameNews” comes with K2 and News Show Pro GK4 (and according to the template they are up to date)
The Template comes with a module loaded for the front page with the data source parameters of “K2 Articles
And demo content coming from K2 item – “52” (which is in the field in the module management page)

Logic would tell you that if you create a NEW K2 Item, let’s say one that has an item number of “61”, and you put that item number in the field “K2 Items” that the template would now pull that Item for display in the same module location . . . . . . seems this does NOT work for some reason(ergo my original post) as when I do this the whole site (WHOLE SITE) throws a “404 error” . . . .when I dial it back to Item 52 . . . all is well, when I disable the module all is well . . . . when I put the module back live (with Item 52 in the field) all is well . . .when I change it to anything other than “52” (the article that was part of the demo items) it throws the 404 error.

I also tried this with some of the other instances of “News Show Pro GK4” that are in the template . . . all yield the same result when swapping out either items or categories (I created some categories of my own and was going to phase out the demo content ( from the demo categories selected in the module) as I filled out the articles and K2 items. . . . . the new information DOES NOT SHOW no matter how I “sort” it or how I “unpublish” the other items . . . . either it’s the demo content shows or no content shows . . . demo content or 404 error . . . . . plus this doesn’t help much that changing the “sort” does not in fact yield a change in the sort to include the items I have created (name, date, title, author, newest, ascending, descending . . . none of them change anything that includes my new content)

That should be enough detail for SOMEONE to help me with what I am doing wrong (or the template is doing wrong) . . . . . I’m ok with the first, but I’m starting to think it might be the second..

Joe

Same issue for me also. Any new items I create just simply won't show up. I've also made sure my time was set properly as my server timezone is in Chicago and I set joomla config accordingly but still nothing. I used the quickstart to get the site going.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:56 pm
I'm not quite sure why this hasn't gotten a reply?? . . . seems easy enough . . seems like something to fix. Wondering what is going on???

Help is appreciated and this is the place for it . . . . GAVICK ARE YOU LISTENING???

Joe
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:56 pm
We have a little bug in our moderation system that made this thread invisible.

The problem is quite easy - please play with "offset" settings of the NSP module. It allows you to "sync" NSP publication settings with your server date settings (which might differ) and make everything work fine.
Soon this setting will be redesigned and the problem should disapear without any additional settings, but till now the "offset" parameter is the solution.

GK User
Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:41 am
i am having the same problem. Every time I create a new K2 article and post it into NSP4 it just doesn't show.
I don't know how to use the offset field.

My hosting server is using zone time MDT – Mountain Daylight Time and I am in Mexico city.

I've set in configuration system in Joomla the server time zone as Mexico city which is the same -6 offset as MDT.
Then I configured NSP offset time to 0. but it just doesn't work. I've tried different setting but nothing work. can you please let me know what I am doing wrong??

Thanks.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:50 am
Set the time offset also to -6