GK4 wanted in Gk5 thumbnails and text underneath

Free responsive Joomla 2.5 and 3.x module to present your content with easy and intuitive way.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:43 am
Hello,

I am using the Startup template and the simple GK4 news display on the front page. (http://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/startup/

I installed GkNews 5 for the additional features but cannot replicate the original design I needed.

I want to have 3 thumbnails with intro text underneath them showing only (identical to the Startup file in the template)

Can you tell me the module mode in GK5 that will product this please without the additional navigation.

Thanks
regards
Drew
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:46 am
Hi

I think You should use "Normal mode" for that, but I'm not sure if the same look will be possible since template has a style for GK4 and not GK5 included. In this case I would advice to stay with GK4 version (it's not an older version, but a completly different module).

GK User
Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:19 am
Hello,

Thanks for the explanation - I now have a better appreciation of GK4 - its a really great module.

When GK5 News installed, it seems to have disabled the GKNews 4 data source option.

I want to show only 3 K2 items specified by ID and order. I now get the error message: 'Error: No articles to display'

I have attached 2 screen captures showing the configuration.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards
D
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:00 pm
Hi

"First news number" option is telling module how many articles should not be visible, so if You have set 3 articles to show and than hide 3 articles with this option nothing will be visible. Please set this option to 0.

GK User
Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:02 am
Hello,
Fantastic - that now shows the articles - I cant believe I missed that.

These are the 2 last issues in the GK news 4 display.

1. Remove the file info under the name (see screen capture)
2. Have text at the bottom of the thumbnail, not to the left.

thanks again for your help

Kind regards
Drew
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:01 am
Hi

1. You need to simply disable showin of info1 and info2 in module settings.

2. Please set image, header and title to "float:none"

GK User
Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:46 am
Perfect! Thanks for your help

kind regards
Drew
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:07 pm
Hi

No problem. Glad I could help :)