NSP not showing K2 articles

Free responsive Joomla 2.5 and 3.x module to present your content with easy and intuitive way.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:02 am
I have a problem with NSP. I believe it is an issue with time offset but I can't fix the problem. Site is http://www.gaze.com.au/newsite1.

I have changed the code to $this->config['time_offset'] = 24; // time offset for timezones problem but this do not fix the issue.

I have tried all the different offset options.

Can I get some advice on how to fix this issue?
Thanks.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:59 am
I'm not sure why are you editing time offset from the code, not from module configuration.
Also please describe the problem in details, as right now I don't know what's wrong.

GK User
Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:43 am
Sure. Sorry for the confusion.

On the site you will see the NSP below the 3 main articles.

When I add a new article the NSP doesn't immediately show the new post. At the moment I have the first news number setting at 3. So when I add a new article the 3rd article down doesn't appear in the NSP for approximately 3/4 hours. I have tried to put the first news number setting to 0 and there is a similar delay in the latest article from appearing.

I hope this makes more sense!

Thanks for your help.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:03 am
Yes, so you should edit NSP module and play with offset parameter (Time offset in Data source tab). Try adjusting it so the article shows right after publishing.
The problem happens sometime when hosting server timezone is not properly configured.

GK User
Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:17 pm
I've tried all the offset options and none make the article produce immediately. Is there something with the K2 settings or something else I can try?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:21 pm
Cyberek wrote:I'm not sure why are you editing time offset from the code, not from module configuration.

I have the same problem and Time Οffset in Data source tab doesnt work. I think i need more than +12 hours.
Editing time offset from the code ($this->config['time_offset'] = 24; // time offset for timezones problem)
solved the problem with the immediate publication (now time) but has problems with programming published articles in future time.

In example: Create time 12.00, time for publication 18.00. The k2 items appears at 15.00 in NSP module only - not in k2 category list or elsewhere - and i get 404 error page until 18.00 when the article is published properly in all relevant locations.

Also i asked from my hosting provider (siteground) to configure the timezone at my local time but i didnt see any change.

I apologize that I repeat the problem on different topics but try to find a solution that really need
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:35 pm
If the item appears +/- 3h in NSP, then you should check -3h or +3h time offset in module configuration.

GK User
Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:44 pm
Also - please try to test NSP GK5 and check if it publish articles at correct time.