I don't understand time offset

Free responsive Joomla 2.5 and 3.x module to present your content with easy and intuitive way.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:18 am
I'm sure there's some reasoning behind this but I simply don't understand it.

I have my server time zone set to the proper time zone, but when I activate this module, and have it look at certain K2 Categories, who have creation dates of today or earlier, it simply will NOT SHOW ANYTHING

I have tried every option from -12 to +12

I simply can't figure out - if I change the creation date WHAT SO EVER - it will no longer show up. Please help me understandt his.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:17 pm
Hello,

First of all - are you sure that other settings are configured in the module correctly? The time offset setting is a difference between your server timezone and your current timezone.
Administrator

GK User
Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:55 am
dziudek wrote:Hello,

First of all - are you sure that other settings are configured in the module correctly? The time offset setting is a difference between your server timezone and your current timezone.

Yes, server time zone is set to "Chicago" which is where I am.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:05 am
realized i might need to set joomla time zone to where the site is actually hosted, so I did that (edmonton) and things still will not work unfortunately
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:50 pm
That's very weird - could you send me an administrator access to your website through the PM message?
Administrator

GK User
Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:54 pm
go to file helper.php in NSP module and find this line :

Code: Select all
$this->config['time_offset'] = $params->get('time_offset', 0); // time offset for timezones problem

and replace with :

Code: Select all
$this->config['time_offset'] = 24; // time offset for timezones problem

https://www.gavick.com/forums/news-show ... 21959.html
Junior Boarder