Category

Free responsive Joomla 2.5 and 3.x module to present your content with easy and intuitive way.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:35 pm
Is it possible for the newsshow module to show the image from 1 item on a constant on the homepage?

Basically I have a site with 6 main categories that have entries underneath but i would always want the first item to show on the homepage with image... then when a person clicks the image it will show the later items on that page. Sorry for obscurity but I would be configuring it to work on a k2 component
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:38 pm
Hi

I'm not sure if I understand. Do You want to show the same articles on the homepage all the time or to have a latest article but linking to the category ?

If it's the first option than You can simply select articles in source by ID. If it's the second option than I think it's possible with a small modification and using of a category in info1 position.

GK User
Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:41 pm
gomay wrote:Is it possible for the newsshow module to show the image from 1 item on a constant on the homepage?

Basically I have a site with 6 main categories that have entries underneath but i would always want the first item to show on the homepage with image... then when a person clicks the image it will show the later items on that page. Sorry for obscurity but I would be configuring it to work on a k2 component

I wanted to have a particular article display on the homepage ex.
there's a position for each continent with a globe and that continent highlighted. There's other items under that same category but I want the first image for the continent to show first. Then the other entries under the continent can list once clicked in.

SO a person sees South Americas highlight globe. They click it and then there's a list of all the entries under South America
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:16 am
Hi

Ok. Now I got it. NSP is not suit for what You want to do. You may use it couple of times and show the last article from single category, but it will not be an easy of fast solution. Simply this module was not implemented for that. I advice to use a different module for this purpose.