news show pro gk4 Conflict

Free responsive Joomla 2.5 and 3.x module to present your content with easy and intuitive way.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:00 am
I have many instance of news show pro gk4 on my FrontPage. I’m using the NEWS template, now; I want to ad new instances of this module to an additional page but once I do that, the page becomes not available anymore it seems that if I add additional instance of this module it conflicts with something and the page becomes unavailable

I couldn’t find any user guide for this module; please help, and where I can download the user manual.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:37 am
Hi

Here is a module documentation: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... pro-gk4-2/

Please try disable loading extra files in advanced settings of a module. Leave this files only in one instance of this module.

GK User
Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:12 pm
Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply

Could you elaborate a little bit more about disable loading extra files in advanced settings of a module, I could not find this setting. Also I was trying to set a life time for my k2 items (articles) and this is causing the site down, if I restore the articles then the sites come back, please help.

Thank you in advance.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:49 pm
Hi

I do not know what means "life time for K2".

About disabling extra files in NSP. Please open advanced settings and select to load javascript only in one module per page.

GK User
Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:35 am
I mean the period of time that an article remains publish on K2 module, in other words when I set a life time limit for an article (k2) the site hangs.

I'm confused because I do not really understand how portal mode works, for instance, when I change the data source on news GK4 to categories or articles numbers, or to a specific categories, the site hangs and I can not show my articles in the way I want; How portal mode works. I could not find any tutorial to understand in detail how to configure portal mode I was reading something about a xml file to customize portal mode but the information I found it just for reference nothing really explanatory.

It is a global portal mode configuration?

Please help
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:39 am
Hi

Portal mode is just a style of how articles are displayed, so still a default engine to pick up articles is used. I think You may have found an exception that may not been caught. Will it be possible to "break the site" and send me an access to ftp so I'll be able to look for a solution ?

GK User
Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:23 pm
Hi,

I sent the login info using a private message. Thank you very much
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:37 am
Hi

Ok. I've studied Your problem and this looks like a timezone issue. The easiest way to fix it is by making a small change in NSP code to. Please follow this post https://www.gavick.com/forums/news-show ... st#p110300 to get Your solution.

GK User
Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:04 pm
It seems to be working fine, Thank you
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:07 pm
Hi

Great to hear that. Glad I could help.

GK User
Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:07 am
Thank you for your prompt help. your support is outstanding, again thank you very much.
Junior Boarder